Sanitising pedi bowl with chlorine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellideb

Nails & Beauty
Reaction score
Hi! I run a mobile pamper party service for girls and part of our spa service is a soak in an electric pedi bowl before a polish.

My dilemma is this. We have 3 bowls on the go and six girls plus want a soak. Whilst myself and my colleague are painting hands, doing facials and scalp massages, we leave three girls at a time to enjoy a nice bubbly soak. Inbetween treatments I have to get up and empty, clean and refill each bowl for a new girl. It's hard going and time consuming! I was wondering if there was a way to keep the same water (as the bowls keep it warm) but use a sanitizing solution like chlorine tablets for example to keep things sanitary. They are young girls, but not dirty, and we check prior to a soak for any feet issues, so is it a bad idea? It'd be like a swimming pool?

Towards the end of the last party we did the girls kept on hopping in and out of each other's bowls and I couldn't stop them as they were so hyped and I was too busy so I thought that if I found a product that was safe and kept the water clean then it would be preferable to being rushed of my feet and the girls going crazy at the end! If it's feasible or anyone has done it before, what did you do, what did you use?

I'm not sure I can think of anything to save changing the water.
How about a different approach such as not soaking, apply nice oil to feet, disposable plastic bag & heated booties?
All hygienic, fun, quick to polish afterwards.
Just purchase of boots to consider.
[emoji3]

I've already bought 3 pedi bowls and the kids love them so using an alternative is not something I want to do. I want to find a way to make it work. I've looked into bromine granules which are used for hot tubs and spas. I'm wondering if anyone has experience of using these?

I'm not sure I can think of anything to save changing the water.
How about a different approach such as not soaking, apply nice oil to feet, disposable plastic bag & heated booties?
All hygienic, fun, quick to polish afterwards.
Just purchase of boots to consider.
[emoji3]

Can I just stop you there, you CAN'T re use the water! I know clients do silly things sometimes but you can't as the professional. Why not buy some more bowls?

Sorry, but that's disgusting.

Ok, so I was trying to kindly drop the hint in my first post but PamieD has said it straight.
So this is for a kids pamper session then? Hence why they are not very hygiene savvy.
Speaking as a mum, I would not want my child sharing water with a friend.
It's bad enough with them picking up verrucas and athlete's foot at PE and swimming sessions.

You need to have fresh water for each child.
Re my heated booties suggestion- these should only be used if they are age 16+ (Habia guidelines)

I'm sure you'll find a suitable compromise.

Ok, so I was trying to kindly drop the hint in my first post but PamieD has said it straight.
So this is for a kids pamper session then? Hence why they are not very hygiene savvy.
Speaking as a mum, I would not want my child sharing water with a friend.
It's bad enough with them picking up verrucas and athlete's foot at PE and swimming sessions.

You need to have fresh water for each child.
Re my heated booties suggestion- these should only be used if they are age 16+ (Habia guidelines)

I'm sure you'll find a suitable compromise.

Agree with everything That has been said here.

As a mum if my child picked up anything I would be straight on your case and I very much doubt your insurance would back you up either.
It's not worth risking

Honestly you need to invest in the disposable pedi liners. I cannot express how much sanitizing is important! Good luck xoxo

I have a belava and although it doesn't bubble/keep the water warm. You can Literally throw the liner & refill really quickly.
You can also pretty it up with some little stones or disposable flowers in the bowl

Sorry, but that's disgusting.
I come on here asking advice and I get called 'disgusting'. I can think of a whole lot of things much more 'disgusting' than two (foot checked) children sharing the same chlorinated pedi water! A bit extreme, and insulting don't you think? But thanks for being so helpful and supportive!

Heaven forbid you ever get asked to share a hot tub with a group of people! Think of all the STD's!

Honestly you need to invest in the disposable pedi liners. I cannot express how much sanitizing is important! Good luck xoxo
Thanks, I didn't think of that!

I have a belava and although it doesn't bubble/keep the water warm. You can Literally throw the liner & refill really quickly.
You can also pretty it up with some little stones or disposable flowers in the bowl
Great idea, thanks!

I come on here asking advice and I get called 'disgusting'. I can think of a whole lot of things much more 'disgusting' than two (foot checked) children sharing the same chlorinated pedi water! A bit extreme, and insulting don't you think? But thanks for being so helpful and supportive!

Heaven forbid you ever get asked to share a hot tub with a group of people! Think of all the STD's!
STD's? Wow! Burn!
I didn't call you disgusting. I said reusing water is disgusting (and also totally unnecessary). Just clean the bowls for God's sake.Properly cleaning your equipment should be something you just do. Take the time.

I have done a pedi mani pamper party for a group of 10 year olds and they all wanted to experience the fizz so I used mini pedi fizz bombs in each pedi bath. That way you make sure each kid has their OWN fizz ball and believe me they will want their own fizzy water. So changing the bowls should be pretty easy.

As an alternative you could buy washing up bowls from the pound shop. They are cheap, come in funky colours and you can just dispose of after the party. Drop in some of those fizz bomb things and the children will be delighted.

As an alternative you could buy washing up bowls from the pound shop. They are cheap, come in funky colours and you can just dispose of after the party. Drop in some of those fizz bomb things and the children will be delighted.

I think thats a fab idea! (I'm stashing it away incase I ever do pamper parties lol)

At a quid a go, you can buy enough for every child & when your done can empty them, stack 'em up & sanitize them once everyones gone home!

Once a bath fizz is in it you dont need extension cables or electric either! Honestly, this idea has made my day & I dont even do pamper parties pmsl xx

You can't catch any STDs from a hot tub, doesn't work like that. Even with chlorinated water you can get all kinds of skin rashes, infections etc. Happens in chlorinated pools everyday. You can't check for bacteria with your bare eyes. I do think that the disposable liners and pound store tubs are your best bet. Plus the chlorinated water will smell bad no matter how many scented fizz balls you put in.

I ordered a load of pink washing up bowls from asda, cheap and cheerful and they don't take up room coz they stack into each other X

Latest posts

Back