Sassoon Academy London?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Star36

Reaction score
If you've been a student here recently and done your diploma course form here, please share your views. :) Thank you guys!

[email protected]

If you've been a student here recently and done your diploma course form here, please share your views. :) Thank you guys!

[email protected]

Nope sorry ,I know i am going a little off track here
but talking about sassoon salons

I just had to say that there's one opened over in merseyside called Wonderland and it turns out some fantastic Sassoon head turning, sexy hair cuts, with that all important Sassoon swish,
which in turn allows for plenty of movement and versatility :)

I think he has a great eye for sexy swishy hairstyles that can be transformed to a completely sexy glamourous evening look with very little effort,
hope you didnt mind me chatting about Vidal Sassoon he is such a fab Hair Artist :hug:

Nope sorry ,I know i am going a little off track here
but talking about sassoon salons

I just had to say that there's one opened over in merseyside called Wonderland and it turns out some fantastic Sassoon head turning, sexy hair cuts, with that all important Sassoon swish,
which in turn allows for plenty of movement and versatility :)

I think he has a great eye for sexy swishy hairstyles that can be transformed to a completely sexy glamourous evening look with very little effort,
hope you didnt mind me chatting about Vidal Sassoon he is such a fab Hair Artist :hug:

Actually when it comes to salons, RUSH is quite wonderful so are the city salons of tony and guys and why would anyone forget COBELLA?

---- BUT ---- Speaking of schools and the sassoon academy

if the salons are good (not to mention VIDAL SASSOON does not even own the SASSOONS anymore and DOES NOT WORK THERE), it does not mean instantly that the schools are good too.

:rolleyes:

Actually when it comes to salons, RUSH is quite wonderful so are the city salons of tony and guys and why would anyone forget COBELLA?

---- BUT ---- Speaking of schools and the sassoon academy

if the salons are good (not to mention VIDAL SASSOON does not even own the SASSOONS anymore and DOES NOT WORK THERE), it does not mean instantly that the schools are good too.

:rolleyes:

Hey, I do think most of the stylists on this site would know that he wouldnt be working there ,

but I do know that even new NVQ 3 stylists are re trained up in the "Sasoon way" to work within that particular salon in Merseyside .
Therefore Vidal Sasoon must have some sort of educational input with the training standards for that particular salon.

Anyways I can only say again that the work I have actually seen coming out of that particular salon is excellent.

Did you mean Toni and Guy? They are excellent in their advanced cutting techniques, no electric clippers used in their training :lol: all done the hard way,

Just out of curiosity, is there another chain too called tony and guys ?
(I really have not heard much of the latter ones)

Ahhh Yes Beverley Cobella the Queen of razor cutting :) Yes she is a fantastic Hair stylist and yes I think she is great too!
she works wonders with razor cutting on poker straight Asian Hair types

she gets the straightest of fringes to simply fit in and stay in place with that razor technique,

I dont know about the Sassoon training Schools
(Hence that is why I didnt give any input on the matter,)

but as we are not allowed to name and shame on here I dont really want
to get into all that :smack:

Just wanted to say that I like all Vidal Sassoons work
from the older days of the bob right up to today,
he himself gives out some great advice to stylists and personally I think he is a great hair artist.

It would indeed be great if all his fantastic knowledge was being passed on correctly within these training schools,

but as I said I wouldnt Know,
So I will say no more about the Sassoon training schools (the end) :)

You learn according to your own level of intellect and whether or not you have experience from before, but then if thats the case, why not keep all those hard saved sterlings in your own pocket and go to a local college and enroll in an NVQ course while at the same time work and make little money in a salon. Its a win win situation.

Now back to sassoon? whats in a name? the world is changing, and with all the competition, you always find someone excelling and leaving the rest behind. lets grow over the names, and see the bigger picture, shall we? lets welcome those deserving with open arms! :smack:

[
quote=ColorMe;867632]You learn according to your own level of intellect and whether or not you have experience from before, but then if thats the case, why not keep all those hard saved sterlings in your own pocket and go to a local college and enroll in an NVQ course while at the same time work and make little money in a salon. Its a win win situation.

I totally agree that NVQ Colleges are excellent,
the Tutors and the Habia standards are at such a high level these days
did all my NVQ training at College
also NVQ 2 barbering then up to level 3 and assessors units,
hard work yes
but it was truly amazing :) and very high Quality training

Must admit though, I also did a top up private refresher Course
for Advanced Cutting and colouring at the Andrew Collinge Academy and it was also Excellent too,
Salons Direct also have some great training days if you need a top up on anything , from barbering to cutting, colouring foiling and all aspects hairdressing and its not too expensive,
and it all counts towards keeping up those CPD points that us hairdressers are now required to have for our continuing professional development each year ,
which is invaluable for our CV records
and keeping ahead of new styles ect :hug:

i'm so glad i came here to check out some stuff. i wanted to go for an nvq2 and am so glad i've found some direction on how and where to go and where not to. i was considering toni & guys or the sassoon. but both are off my list now. no way! the bad i hear is actually more than any good stuff. there is nothing I wouldn't learn at a local college in a great way that i would do better by going to some expensive course. i'm def gonna check out this college minky is referring to though.

P.S. I read loads of stuff about schools but the one thing that put me off was that students are not happy with the teaching in sassoons. An example is this review: http://www.ciao.co.uk/The_Vidal_Sasoon_School_Of_Hairdressing__Review_5402398

I guess IT IS time to grow over the name now!

thank you all so much for your help and feedback!:lol:

Last edited:
BUT, I would like to add a response to this thread now that I read it. I only found this board today, bliss!! there is so much useful information here, I am loving it!

I was a student at the Vidal Sasoon Academy for 7 months.

When I look back, I feel I overpaid, and the course was not worth it. I could definitely have gained the same level of skills if I had only did some reasearch, for less than half of that amount. now that its in the past, i wouldn't go much into details, BUT, I would also like to add that in that school I came across unprofessionalism, un-organised / un-disciplined structure, and a very bad atmosphere as far as the students go. You will see enormous amount of GOSSIP, not just among the groups of students but teachers will jump into it with them as often as they find a chance to.

bad ethics, illmannered and petty people come together and form the sassoon that it is now.

steer clear.

Latest posts

Back