Scalp psoriasis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouP

Reaction score
Can anyone in the hair industry recommend a shampoo or conditioner which is good for us with scalp psoriasis? I'm struggling to find a high street brand that doesn't aggravate it. Thanks all!
x

Can anyone in the hair industry recommend a shampoo or conditioner which is good for us with scalp psoriasis? I'm struggling to find a high street brand that doesn't aggravate it. Thanks all!
x

I'm not a hair stylist but my sister is and I suffer from scalp psoriasis, I use Paul Mitchell tea tree special shampoo along with Betnovate scalp application from my doctors, I find this keeps the itching and clumps at bay - and trying not to get stressed in general as its worse for me when I am X

How often are you washing your hair?

It's likely that some of the ingredients in the products you have been using is exacerbating the problem. High street brands are full of cheap detergent based chemicals to bulk them out so you'd be much better off using a quality brand from a Salon such as Philip Kingsley Flaky Scalp shampoo, Paul Mitchell, Pureology etc.

Usually every other day, depending. I do find that some shampoos make it worse and keep meaning to make a note of which ones are worse and their ingredients to see if I can pinpoint what it is that aggregates it. I've tried a couple of the Paul Mitchell ones including a sulphate free one but no joy so far. The search continues... I used to use. Betnovate and now have Dovobet (as needed a steroid free one when I was preggers but haven't swapped back!)

Latest posts

Back