Scared client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellishairbeauty

Reaction score
Did a blonde to brown pre pigging with dialight 6.43 (base 10.1 to base 5.35) had greeny tones to it. It didnt take to a 5 anyway maybe a 7. Clients hair extremely pourus
Client has booked for touch up sayin can she go a bit darker via txt.
I have txt the client saying i wanted to pre pig again like we did before ( i said it i want to do the red before the brown again to save confusion of hairdressing gobble-de-gook) as now im going to use a dash of 7.43 in with the chosen pre pig in the hope to counteract some green tones.
Ive told her this time it should actually take to the colour we want so no need to choose darker colour. She has txt back stating "i dont my hair stripped again"
Ive tried to explain the basics behind prepig (its not a colour stripper or bleach it just adds tone. Its only a semi and just helps your colour to cling) she said well i dont want my hair messed with anymore and i dont want semi i wanted it permenant, i just want it brown.

Ive completely confused the woman!

The question isnt about the pre pig its about how i can now regain the womans trust and explain why im doing the pre pig again. I have no idea where shes got that its bleach or stripper but shes had horror stories in salons with bleach and strippers and her hair was in dire condition. I used hilift tints instead of bleach and sold her pro shampoo and conditioning treatments and got her hair feeling normal again. She has put alot of trust in me because of that and now i feel ive lost that trust.

Her last txt to me was "im so confused hun i dont know if i want to be brown anymore i think uve got my consultation mixed up with other peoples as i just wanted chocolate brown permenant and not sure whats happened now i dont want the red b4"
Ive told her i am highly advising the red and shes put we will just try it without.

I know ur thinkin u shudnt of mentioned it but she does a night shift and comes straight after work so always likes to be in n out to get to bed so needed to warn her she will be here longer.

Im stuck. What shall i do now???
Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

First of all, call her. Don't text her. That way you can pick up on, and sort out any confusion as it happens.
Confirm her target shade is chocolate brown. Say it's not a problem, it will require 2 colour applications to get the colour to stick and that it will take x amount of hours. Confirm the price (if it's not a correction) and say all this in a confident, reassuring manner.

Personally I think the texting is what's got things muddled up,, but I'm sure if you call her when it's convenient for her to talk you should be able to sort this out.
Jojo

Don't go into the science of it at all she has no idea what your talking about. Just say " no worries it will be a chocolate brown I will explain when I see you" or something
Then when you see her if she asks about what u were on about explain to her this
If u have a white wall and u paint one coat of dark brown paint on it it will look faded and mucky
So you apply a primer then the target paint and you will get a new deep rich colour... Only explain that if she asks and if she doesn't just tell her its a normal process etc etc

Thanks so much for ur advise i did read it then explained 2 her taking ur advise she was just annoyed as she said her friend went from dark to light and didnt have to go have a red on. (She came this afternoon) Myself personally went from bright red and choco brown and she sed that mine took straight away y didnt mine.
We left it as "well i suppose ill have to then but im not happy about it this"
She loved the end result though.
So all is forgotten.
Thanks all!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back