Scissors?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flix'shair

Reaction score
Hi!
A wondered can anyone help me am a freelance hairdresser and looking to buy some new scissors, ( had my pair now five years but getting blunt) .but am not sure what internet sites to look on and type that are now best to get anybody got any ideas? Really Appreciated!
Beth
flix's hair

Hi!
A wondered can anyone help me am a freelance hairdresser and looking to buy some new scissors, ( had my pair now five years but getting blunt) .but am not sure what internet sites to look on and type that are now best to get anybody got any ideas? Really Appreciated!
Beth
flix's hair

Im in the same boat as you, Ive decided to wait till salon international to try some out! Ive never been before and everyone says there are loads.
I couldnt think of anythng worse then paying a fortune for a pair of scissors online and they be uncomfortable and not right for me!
xox

Hi when is it salon international and where? X

16-18th october at the excel london. you can also buy them from salons direct and capital hair and beauty but then obviously you can't try before you buy xx

I would much rather test out how a pair of scissors felt before I bought them, but my local area is rubbish for scissors, I ordered mine from cool-blades.co.uk and was really happy with the service (and the scissors :))

i use jowell scissors and they are fab i have had them sharpened lots and times and they are just like new. i had a 10 years garrentee with them and they cut like a dream. i use the classics but they had other designs. you will love them!!! just search them on the internet x

i use jowell scissors and they are fab i have had them sharpened lots and times and they are just like new. i had a 10 years garrentee with them and they cut like a dream. i use the classics but they had other designs. you will love them!!! just search them on the internet x

i use the classics too brilliant pair of scissors

hi
salon international is fantastic i brought my scissors there last year i saved about £40 buying them there, you pick up on all the new things that are coming out and you get things at trade price, tickets are about £25 number is 02077442000 0r Salon International 2010 | Welcome, i recommend sats the best day to go as not to bissy sun is so bissy you cant see anything and mon is full of colleges, i hope that helps

Hope you found some at Salon International. If not, the only advice I can give, is make sure you buy a reputable brand, and avoid all the very brightly coloured ones that claim to be made of Japanese Steel. Also make sure you buy a pair that do what you want them to do. (A serrated blade pair of scissors will never slice or chip) The rest is up to you on size, design shape etc. It is what you are most comfortable with. Spend a bit of money on a good pair, as they will start out sharp and stay sharper longer. One of the better internet sites is Coolblades, and if you call them, they are more than willing to offer advice.

Latest posts

Back