scissors

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nat0054

Reaction score
hi just asking for some advice ,
i have just a hairdressing college course and the scissors that were in my kit are not that good just wondering what would be the best scissors 4 about £50-£60 ? what brands should i look for and any places best for value

Hi Hun,

I find KODO and JOWELL my fave scissors, but may be slightly higher in price than you wish to pay - Please don't pay anymore than what you have quoted until you are qualified!

Personally, I have always purchased mine from my local Wholesalers - Just got my latest pair from Capital Hair and Beauty as I like to see before I buy - Capital had loads 1 week back that were in your price range - Check them out online - Also, do you know what size you would like? This is important XXX

Hope this helps

Sorry, not qualified to answer the question, but I remember going to Ellisons in Brum one day and looking at their scissors.

They had scissors there from £50 - £150 !! I almost fell on my back. :eek:

I now understand why my hairdresser is so protective over her scissors.

M.

my first pair cost me £50 from sallys but my second pair cost me £35 from m&s cash and carry i still have them :irked: only had to get them coz im left handed

hi i am also left handed , do you find having left handed ones better then which should i get ?
my tutor is also left handed and she said just to pick some with a small screw ? does that sound right

:eek: u lucky thing i didnt have a left handed tutor one of them used 2 call me and another student cack handed haha i think its personal preferance
when you go 4 them have a feel haha i mean take themut out of package and handle them shop round and take ur student card wi th u :Grope: may get student rates good look:confused:

hi just asking for some advice said:
There are a few things you need to look at .. standard non offset or offset finger holes. Seems like most college's give standard in their student packs. So maybe starting out you should to try standard first.
These are standard finger
rainbowarr%20copy.jpg

These are offset
DSCF4099%20copy.jpg

Then there is serrated blades vs clean non serrated edges. This again is important depending on techniques you may be doing - things like slicing and chopping. I tell my juniors to get non serrated though I started out with serrated a long time ago however as the styles are more deconstructed - go for non serrated. Phew

I got my last really expensive pair (gulp, but in my opinion worth it) from Yoiscissors... they do a credit system that gives you money back when you buy the student Zenn I think ones then want to upgrade to Joewells Kasho etc . I have bought a few for my staff this way and the were easy to deal with.

In the end though its recommendation if you know someone whose scissors you like the look of try them if they will let you and see. If you buy online - you get seven days to return by LAW ( they hang you if you don't return em or something:) so the online is a good way of bigger choice btw. :) My local trade shop ( ss or sa... :) never had any good ones. Good luck X

Last edited:
thank you for that info very confused but very helpful! i suppose i need to go have a look around then thanks again !

Latest posts

Back