Sculpting gel extensions - gel running under sculpting form

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elle088

Reaction score
I’m having an issue when sculpting gel extensions where no matter how close under the free edge I get, the gel always ends up under the sculpting form! Not so much that it touches the skin but the free edge of the nail appears encapsulated on both sides. How do you get around that? I am wondering if I need firmer sculpting forms which hold shape stronger? Grateful for any advice.

Attachments

• 48B55325-DD25-4AA8-A77B-F2070B5389F9.jpeg
    48B55325-DD25-4AA8-A77B-F2070B5389F9.jpeg
    665.4 KB · Views: 32
The quality of the form is very important, so keep trying different ones until you find ones you like. Remember to cut and shape them according to the hyponichium and nail shape. :) Also, do you flash cure each nail before moving on to the next or do you apply to all the nails before curing?

I work on one nail at a time but I don’t flash cure. I will try that! I am cutting and shaping them as best I can but it seems that when the natural nail has some real curvature it is more susceptable to leaking under!

I work on one nail at a time but I don’t flash cure. I will try that! I am cutting and shaping them as best I can but it seems that when the natural nail has some real curvature it is more susceptable to leaking under!

Flash curing is to just make sure the gel doesnt run all over the place while you work on each nail, it can help if you feel the gel is running.:)

Back