Sculpting problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UniqueDesigns

Reaction score
Hello -
Wondering if anyone can give me some advice in regards to sculpting gel nails.
I've been qualified ( part time Mobile tech ) for just under a year now and Lately I'm having trouble with sculpts.
They are not something I get asked to do often but 2 of my regulars have taken a shine to it. I have no problem doing them and as far as I'm aware the process is correct, all check points are covered and the sculpt has a nice c curved finish. However, they keep breaking off ( mainly at tip )

I went back to my tutor and went over everthing and my application was all correct, nails where coming out lovely. She suggested try replacing products and light bulbs on lamp etc. I have done all this, had a new set done and yet again they have came off. I have even watched nearly all sculpting application videos I could find and can't find anything different I'm doing.

Has anyone else had this problem and able to offer some advice? Is it something that just comes with more experience? Anything would be a help, I'm not sure what else to try.
Thanks in advance

If it's always at the tip area, my instant thought is that your apex is not strong enough or balanced correctly OR, your application around the side walls at the extension edge are too thin.

If it's always at the tip area, my instant thought is that your apex is not strong enough or balanced correctly OR, your application around the side walls at the extension edge are too thin.
I just re-read your post and I replied thinking you were talking about acrylic - but I think same applies. Definitely something to check anyhow.

Latest posts

Back