Secondhand !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bug123

Reaction score
I have just started in a hairdressers, doing nails for one afternoon a week - I am still work nights driving a fork-lift :zzz:
Anyway, my first 2 clients were nail biters - don't you just luv em !

Word has spread, all good feedback so far, except...
I have yet to do a new full set on someone :!:

All the work I seem to be doing is rebalancing / repairing someone's else's work - which I don't particularly like doing :irked:

Question?
Do I ?
1. For the time being, accept no secondhand work from others salons?
2. Carry on as I am, realising that eventually my clients will grow with me, along with their nails?

I just feel that I am not producing my best work, inheriting someone else's bad workmanship, especially when they tell me they have come from a NSS!

What do my nail geeks do in similar situation?

Any suggestions / comments welcome !

keep doing the refills as its all experience. Eventually you will get some first timers to do a full set on. But for now, well its all good brush and filing practice isnt it, and of course a little extra money. Think positive. Every set you do is one more set nearer giving up you fork lift truck driving. One day.......one day.... you will own a salon of your own.

Good luck love.

Val

Have you done the hairdresser's nails for them yet? Maybe do some fancy nail art or something so that they're flashing your work to all of their clients?

Absolutely, keep doing the backfills, chances are some of those clients will come back. Besides, it all makes you money & gives you experience. Don't turn away potential new customers!

Keep doing the infills/rebalances. Eventually your clientele will build up. I started out like this and to be honest, a lot of my work still comes from infills on other salon's work. It gives you fantastic experience, and if your service is better than what they have had before, chances are they will be back.

Do the infills & rebalances on your clients but do your nails ASAP with something like clear tips, a different coloured french or glitter tips. When the infill clients come back in they'll probably want a fresh set of what your wearing as you are offering more than NSS ever could.

You will get full set clients so just hang in there - your only there 1 day a week so it will take time for you to be known. Defo do the hairdressers nails (for a small charge) its all word of mouth as you know

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back