Self assessment with Tax Return Gateway?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetyrex

Reaction score
I've done my self assessment with the tax return gateway and didn't realize you had to pay to submit it! But now I need to get in touch to amend an error and after countless emails with no response and a phone number that doesn't work I'm stuck. The regular tax office have been no help either! Has anyone else used Tax Return Gateway for self assessment?

Can't you submit it through the HMRC site?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

The sites that charge you to submit your tax returns are not the official HMRC website!

Hmrc.gov.uk is the official site & you won't be charged for submitting here.

Helen x

If you log onto the official HMRC website, you should be able to amend it through there!

The sites that charge you to submit your tax returns are not the official HMRC website!

Hmrc.gov.uk is the official site & you won't be charged for submitting here.

Helen x

Phew! I was gonna say! If you have to pay to submit it then that's the first I've heard of it!

It's the same with driving tests in that there are middle man type companies that charge you extra to enter your driving test than if you book it through the official uk gov website. Moral of the story I guess is to use google effectively.

I registered self employed and did my first tax return last year, when I went onto register with hmrc i was directed this gateway thing through them otherwise i would of done it through hmrc! But I didnt pay last year! Anyway, they have now contacted me back and I have sorted. Think I'll do a paper one next year!!
Thanks for your answers!

The GATEWAY give you your access cose which you use to log onto HMRC, I registered last year & had to wait a week or so to get the code (only get it via post) I log onto HMRC regular & have never been charged to submit anything. Go to HMRC direct.

Latest posts

Back