Self employed and Tax Credits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy106

Reaction score
Is anyone in the same boat as me. Wants to go self employed but only 16 hours (2 full days for now) while kids are off school and go to nursery, can you still claim tax credits? Plus im a lone parent... Would be gratefull for anyone in same position. Lucia xx

You should still be able to claim working and child tax credits. I would just double check the minimum hours required to claim. As your a single parent family it may still be just the 16 hours, but I'm not sure if its now 24 hours min ( this may be for a couple though). Good luck! Xxx

Hi hun , I checked on this the other day too and 16 hours for lone parents qualifies u and 24 hours for a couple

Hi hun , I checked on this the other day too and 16 hours for lone parents qualifies u and 24 hours for a couple

So if i just tell tax credits ill be doing 16 hours self employed (which is what i was doing in the salon) then id still be entitled to tax credits etc ye xxx

So if i just tell tax credits ill be doing 16 hours self employed (which is what i was doing in the salon) then id still be entitled to tax credits etc ye xxx

U should b, no reasons why not

Latest posts

Back