Self employed/pregnant-advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry...and I do understand everyone is different and has different circumstances, but I think it's really sad reading about having 2 or 3 weeks off etc.

They grow up to fast and if you were employed you wouldn't be going back so fast...the system sucks where maternity pay etc is rubbish for self employed, I even had a situation where I was pregnant at the same time as my main therapist....I had to rush back to work in 3 weeks to be a able to make enough to pay her to be at home with her baby

With my first 2 it was as quick as I could have them and get them passed onto babysitters and childminders so I could get back to the salon...inevitably so I could then make enough money to pay childminders and nurseries. I came home in time to put them to bed.

With my 3rd I decided stuff it, I missed so much before I'm not doing it again, I had someone run the shop and I walked away....yes it was stressful sometimes to take calls to sort something, and yes money was tight, but ultimately I ENJOYED my baby.

I'm due in three weeks time and had a rough ride so far so took my Maternity Allowence 11 weeks before due date and I plan on taking the full amount of leave.

I worked all the way up to my due date with baby number two and went back after a month or so, looking back I wish I had taken longer as she's now grown up far too quickly!

Me taking these nine months also means I won't be paying child care for the three munchkins.

I'm mobile and plan on working my butt off when I go back, understandably its a lof different with actually having a salon with the overheads staff etc.

Good luck to all the other ladies due or planning on having a baby :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back