Semi permanent make up course advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glow01

Reaction score
Hey Geeks,

Was wondering if anyone could help me, I'm looking at going into Semi Permanent Make Up, and having done some research, there are lots of companys to choose from.

Do you have any experience with companies that offer training? Anyone recommend any good companys?

Thanks in advance guys

xXx

I don't want to bad mouth any companies but I first trained in 2004 and my work was not good. I have since retrained several times with Noveau Contour and believe they are very good. Noveau Contour have certainly improved the standard of my work 100%. I never went with them to begin with regretably as I found their sales department too pushy, big regret on my part.

Ive Just Trained With DERMACE They are amazing !!!!!! Check there website out !!!!
Good Luck !!

Nouveau contour I highly recommend. Personally, I haven't trained with them yet but I would go with the company in a heart beat.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Hmm iv been on the PMU quest for a Great trainer for 7 months now - getting feedback from anyone with any advice!!

Can I ask which NC u all speak of? UK or US?
I am def taken by all the glitz and glam of their marketing but a few geeks on here have given me advice to say that that's all they are - just good marketing and they were really let down by the training and the high cost!
They have told me only to try the bronze package and then decide if I would like to invest more money.

I'm really stuck on who to go with!!

Hi I would like to add that this new way of NC dividing their courses into bronze silver and gold, will make someone wanting to train feel if they go for bronze? Their not getting the same standard of training as gold! To be fair we all want gold in what we do. they never used to! It was a case of training at X amount of money and you got it. Now for some reason they are training in micro needling? And other aspects of anti ageing. They are trying to enter into the field of aesthetics? Training with NC isn't cheap, regardless as to which package you have. I've trained with finishing touches and nouveau, I can say finishing touches don't hold any extra surprises when buying into their course.
After all of these comments I've made I can say it's a really rewarding part of my business and I am taking on more and more clients, I would recommend that someone who is truly passionate about their work, would do well in the field of PMU. As seeing a client really happy with your work is the icing on the cake.:Love::Love:

Nouveau contour I highly recommend. Personally, I haven't trained with them yet but I would go with the company in a heart beat.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I found this a confusing statement! To highly recommend is tempting fate as you yourself have NOT experienced the training. So how do you know what to expect? It's a bit like saying that restaurant is very good I highly recommend it...but haven't eaten in there. Hmmmm

I found this a confusing statement! To highly recommend is tempting fate as you yourself have NOT experienced the training. So how do you know what to expect? It's a bit like saying that restaurant is very good I highly recommend it...but haven't eaten in there. Hmmmm

I know what you mean by saying my statement is confusing but this is based on my personal research. I've been looking into this Company for a while now and I've had the opportunity to speak in depth with few geeks that trained with them. Im not in any way shape or form affiliated with them.
Hope this helps and clarifies my statement.

I trained with N/C and they truly are very expensive company to trained with.. I qualified over a year ago now and still trying to build my business which takes a lot time and energy.

I have had so many complaints when I did my case studies as their pigments fade super fast and heal very ashy, plus they are one of the most expensive on the market.. They say they last 3-5 years which is rubbish most client need a colour booster in 12 months for the pigment to keep looking fresh. Their pigment heals Blue or orange over time which I didn't like!

Now I've done a lot of research and I think Dermace are a very good training company and their pigments are long lasting and half the price Plus they don't turn orange! .. N/C aren't the best of supporting their students after they have your money their trainers are always very busy to chat to you when you need support ASAP they get back to you a hours later.

Every one says their the best but I feel disappointed with some of the training I received I had and the lack of support.. Shame as they have over £10,000 of my life savings. I know a number of Techs who feel the same way and regretted training with them but found it was too late as N/C took all their money up front. Don't just follow everyone else and do your research before you part with your savings.

I know a a respect Doctor in the USA selling Genuine N/C Machines for $300 so they are making huge profits on their machines and when I found out I felt sick to my back teeth ...Greedy company!

Must try demace. I have researched the cost of PMU machine in USA and Germany and it is not much your saving, I'm sure that price quoted is inaccurate. The pen alone is £1000 and direct from factory in Germany £600, that before machine.

Gosh, where to start.......... I agree with what some of CARMS says re nouveau.............. however, i do believe that in terms of skill and how they teach hairstrokes is the best.......... i dont use their pigments as ive found better elsewhere, dermace pigments are also nice but i certainly wouldnt train with them!
All the companies are out to make money....... fact.
SO base your decision on the skill of the trainers...... ask for names of all companies trainers, google them, look at their work and see the standard of it.......... afterall, if you dont think their work is of an acceptable standard then why would you want them teaching you?

Ive worked as a trainer for nouveau so ive been on both sides........ no company is perfect....... i do not have any affiliation with them now, so these views are my own...........

Ive been asked by so many people to teach them, maybe i should look into this option as i do think these companies are too expensive.

look at nouveau, finishing touches and natural enhancements...... wouldnt bother with any others..............

but like i said, look at the quality of work the trainers are turning out! thats how you should make your decision.

It can be a very profitable career if your good and determined!.... this is all i do...... aug i was fully booked and ive got no days off now for over two weeks........ so it is achievable............

claire

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I trained with Demace and it was great!! It was one-on-one and they were lovely!
I'd always recommend Dermace or NOUVEAU :)
Worth every penny!!!

Hope that helps xx

Latest posts

Back