Semi permanent make-up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just made a similar post! Search bar wasnt showing any good results!
Scrolling through & found this so just commenting so I can find later :) x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Yes I would concentrate on brows, then eyeliner and then lips in that order. I think you need to be able to do a good hair stroke brow to keep clients happy.

Have just got back from my obs day at Nouveau was very impressed. There were 3 girls their at various stages of training and they all seemed confident in what they were doing. The trainer was great. She advised maybe to go in at the silver level which would make you competent and able to charge a decent ammount of money and feel confident at what you were doing. The 3 girls all seemed happy with their training and support. One of them was going straight in at Elite level and the other 2 were silver. The basic training is 8 days then you go away and do 12 case studies all the way through. You also have the chance of doing extra study days as well to build confidence. One girl was doing her exam day. The machine seemed top quality and the trainer let me try on one of her old machines that was 14 years old and still going strong!
After you pass bronze level you move onto silver.
Hair stroke is taught from the very start.
Just need to look at finance options. The Elite girl was paying £350 a month for 5 years to pay for her training. You can make that back with 1 client!

Have just got back from my obs day at Nouveau was very impressed. There were 3 girls their at various stages of training and they all seemed confident in what they were doing. The trainer was great. She advised maybe to go in at the silver level which would make you competent and able to charge a decent ammount of money and feel confident at what you were doing. The 3 girls all seemed happy with their training and support. One of them was going straight in at Elite level and the other 2 were silver. The basic training is 8 days then you go away and do 12 case studies all the way through. You also have the chance of doing extra study days as well to build confidence. One girl was doing her exam day. The machine seemed top quality and the trainer let me try on one of her old machines that was 14 years old and still going strong!
After you pass bronze level you move onto silver.
Hair stroke is taught from the very start.
Just need to look at finance options. The Elite girl was paying £350 a month for 5 years to pay for her training. You can make that back with 1 client!

Amazing I've been waiting to hear from someone who had done the observation day :D do you think it's made your mind up? My fear is I get squeamish with the eyeliner part :( did you get to try the machine on pig skin? I'm excited defo on my 2013 mission list

I'll just chip in that I've also been on an obs day at Nouveau and thought it was great. I've been a therapist for 17 years and it's always been my ambition to do this training. I spent a fair bit of cash on redecorating my salon last year so had to put it off but it's definitely something I'll do eventually.
If you follow the Nouveau group and Karen Betts on Twitter you'll see examples of her work.

ok, so let me burst your bubble a second, im just going to be honest...... they tell you that you can charge more depending what level you do....... this is absolute rubbish! the consumer does not have a clue about nouveau and the bronze silver and gold....... we all know because we are in the industry.
You can only charge what the client is willing to pay in that particular area. Some areas are more affluent than others and you can charge more.
But lets get real....... the price you command will depend on the quality of your work! just because you have done silver or bronze does not make you great! it takes alot of practice which takes time....... if you think that you will be charging full price when you first qualify then your wrong..... thats not how it works.
I hate to sound harsh but i feel its only fair to be truthfull, Ive been there and done it and seen the pros, cons and seen through some of the money making spinS these companies put on things!
Nouveau are a great company who offer great training, I trained with them, I was also a trainer for them but like all companies they will paint a rosey picture to make more money.
All im saying is please go into this with your eyes wide open!
Saying all that, ive made a fab career out of it and its very rewarding.
I now charge £495 to £595 for brows and even with quite a few celeb clients under my belt i still have to adjust my prices at times in certain areas.
Hope this kind of helps............. claire xx

Yes you are right they paint a rosy picture, it was why I did not do it, some of the girls had spent nearly 15K on training and bits in the first year, others nearly 20000 in a year and a half.

Then you look around and there is so many machine for sale that people have just used for training, as they don't make it.

ok, so let me burst your bubble a second, im just going to be honest...... they tell you that you can charge more depending what level you do....... this is absolute rubbish! the consumer does not have a clue about nouveau and the bronze silver and gold....... we all know because we are in the industry.
You can only charge what the client is willing to pay in that particular area. Some areas are more affluent than others and you can charge more.
But lets get real....... the price you command will depend on the quality of your work! just because you have done silver or bronze does not make you great! it takes alot of practice which takes time....... if you think that you will be charging full price when you first qualify then your wrong..... thats not how it works.
I hate to sound harsh but i feel its only fair to be truthfull, Ive been there and done it and seen the pros, cons and seen through some of the money making spinS these companies put on things!
Nouveau are a great company who offer great training, I trained with them, I was also a trainer for them but like all companies they will paint a rosey picture to make more money.
All im saying is please go into this with your eyes wide open!
Saying all that, ive made a fab career out of it and its very rewarding.
I now charge £495 to £595 for brows and even with quite a few celeb clients under my belt i still have to adjust my prices at times in certain areas.
Hope this kind of helps............. claire xx

Great advice Claire could you advise me if bronze is worth it or do I need to sell a kidney and go all out and do silver or gold? I'm really only interested in focusing on brows hairstroke etc :) thanks in advance :D

no matter which level each student decides on , you all do the same week training......... its just the additional days that vary.....
So everybody starts off on the same footing.
Once you have been taught the basic hairstroke technique its all about practice, practice , practice!....... some of it will come down to natural ability........ i know some techs who only did bronze who do better brows than some gold techs!
After being inundated with people contacting me wanting me to teach them , ive decided to start teaching as of march time...... im just finalising some things now.
As well as offering the full week course ill be doing a 3 day course where you only learn brows. Id say 80 percent of my business is brows.
This allows students to add on the additional days at their leisure and also makes the initial outlay cheaper to start with.
xx

no matter which level each student decides on , you all do the same week training......... its just the additional days that vary.....
So everybody starts off on the same footing.
Once you have been taught the basic hairstroke technique its all about practice, practice , practice!....... some of it will come down to natural ability........ i know some techs who only did bronze who do better brows than some gold techs!
After being inundated with people contacting me wanting me to teach them , ive decided to start teaching as of march time...... im just finalising some things now.
As well as offering the full week course ill be doing a 3 day course where you only learn brows. Id say 80 percent of my business is brows.
This allows students to add on the additional days at their leisure and also makes the initial outlay cheaper to start with.
xx

Aw wow fantastic Claire I spoke to you last yr about training but thought you had ruled it out. Could you pm me prices etc your work is amazing. Would you be doing full courses or just mentoring for qualified therapists? :D x

There was one girl there who had completed her bronze which is the first 8 days. With the silver you then get aditional work shops. She admitted she felt like a fish out of water just after the bronze but was finding her confidence after the aditional work shops.
I must say it must be daunting if you haven't done this sort of thing before, if you are not used to needles, a bit of blood, managing pain and client expectations or if you are not used to making a pretty permanent change to someones appearance.
Also finding clients can be difficult if you don't already have a client base.
I think to make this work as your only source of income would be a challange.

It's is... but I'm getting there ;) I trained with Finishing Touches in June 2012. I like their approach and client service to me has been exceptional.

Which course did you go on Beautiful? Have you been able to find enough clients?

I did their diploma course, hair stroke brows, lips and eyes.

I wasn't already in the beauty industry, and work from a home studio, so I've had to be creative. For me it's more about getting clients to find me rather than me finding clients. There's enough out there who want it, but there's a lot of fears in having it done, more than I anticipated.

Until I'm established enough to get enough clients by word of mouth, I'm going for the ones who want to get over their fears, thus my website approach and all the photos of my clients. Groupon has been my friend. Most asked how long I've been offering permanent makeup, and I told them the truth. I've been really lucky to have clients who want to support me.

I do only offer permanent makeup, and am a bit opinionated about someone only picking up a needle a couple of times a month. I've learnt so much these past few months, no way I'd have even noticed a lot of things, or been able to better manage clients pain or expectations, let alone the seeing the results of what I was doing, if I were not seeing clients most days of the week. Eyebrows look very nice when they're freshly done, seeing the client next month for their top up, and seeing what you actually did, there's where you learn.

Gotta say tho, I don't think I've ever had a job that's given me so much satisfaction, pleasure and pride.

Beautiful I LOVE the idea of your book!

Thank you ! :hug:

I have had an offer of a precision plus medical machine, second hand for £700. I am visiting finishing touches in a couple of weeks to look at their machines and discuss possible training. I will try out this machine before I go and examine the second hand one to get a comparisson. I know there are fake machines out there from China and the like.
Does any one use this machine or have any advice for me to help me not get ripped off?
Many thanks x

Finishing Touches supply the precision plus medical machine, sorry don't know anything on how to test the machine to be fake or not. Was the person selling it Finishing Touches trained ? Likely to be on FT's website listed as a technician if they are, so you'd assume they sold the machine.

Oh god he wants £1500 for it, thought it was too good to be true

I have had an offer of a precision plus medical machine, second hand for £700. I am visiting finishing touches in a couple of weeks to look at their machines and discuss possible training. I will try out this machine before I go and examine the second hand one to get a comparisson. I know there are fake machines out there from China and the like.
Does any one use this machine or have any advice for me to help me not get ripped off?
Many thanks x
I would only pay a few hundred for a nearly new machine. The hand piece alone is about £1,200 to replace so I think I'd pay out for the complete new one.

Latest posts

Back