Semi permanent make-up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah he wants£1500 which I haven't got at the moment, however a nearly new precision plus sounds tempting...... How to beat him down without scaring him off??

Claire please could you pm me some info and pricing x

Hey I trained with Dermace and I think it was £5,500 including machine that's worth £2000 or £2,500 can't quite remember LOL and you get some pigments and needles etc everything you need to get started and I think my insurance was £400 and that covers me for everything.

It was hard to start with but I had made my money back in 6 months so I was so happy!
Now I have been doing it for awhile I'm carrying on with other courses with themselves :-D

They are really nice and friendly and they work with you one on one with I think is wonderful :-D hope this helps :) xx

kerryann you need to change insurance company! thats crazy! i pay 180!

Claire could you pm me with your rough training prices :) 2013 the yr of change :D

no matter which level each student decides on , you all do the same week training......... its just the additional days that vary.....
So everybody starts off on the same footing.
Once you have been taught the basic hairstroke technique its all about practice, practice , practice!....... some of it will come down to natural ability........ i know some techs who only did bronze who do better brows than some gold techs!
After being inundated with people contacting me wanting me to teach them , ive decided to start teaching as of march time...... im just finalising some things now.
As well as offering the full week course ill be doing a 3 day course where you only learn brows. Id say 80 percent of my business is brows.
This allows students to add on the additional days at their leisure and also makes the initial outlay cheaper to start with.
xx

Claire, could you pm me your prices and course list too. Thanks

Hi Claire, I'd be really interested too in some further info re prices for training etc, thanks in advance x

Hi Claire plz can you pm me your prices and training locations thanks Susan x

would you be able to pm me too with some prices and training details as i am also looking into training in it. thanks claire

Have been reading through these posts with interest! I am new to the forum so forgive me if I am a few months behind and still commenting but I hope that I can add to the thread positively offer my help. I am a micropigmentation technician and am not affiliated to any company in the UK so my advice is based on my personal opinion.

Machines: Precision plus is a lovely machine, I have used it. the medical I believe is the same but it has medical certification and can be used for procedures in hospitals.
I personally would not choose to buy a secondhand machine, I want to know it is completely tested and suitable for use. I purchased my first machine alongside training and it was a good well known digital machine but the handpiece was not good (heavy and more designed for paramedical procedures on the body really ) I purchased another handpiece to use and then saved up for a new machine as soon as I could afford one but still keep my first machine as a spare. Some of the companies sell on reconditioned machines (checked over by the manufacturer), this could be an option if keeping costs down. I would prefer to buy from a company because of being able to get it serviced and if it has any faults. I tend to keep several handpieces for each machine (it tends to be the handpieces that get issues rather than the machine) and they are sent to be serviced regularly.

Training: Claire is a knowledgable lady and has posted some really helpful valid advice, I think it is important to invest in good solid basic training then remember that it needs to be progressive, reach proficiency and confidence at each level then move forwards to advanced techniques, personally I love scar work and other paramedical procedures but Claire is completely right it is not as lucrative and it takes time to build up relationships with the relevant people ie. a good surgeon! be careful who you train with, it is easy to waste money and often there are false promises. I personally had a bad experience at the start, I know that I am not the only one and am saddened by this. I highly recommend asking other technicians who they trained with and what their experience was, also no matter how good their marketing is and how the company seems, lets face it without a good trainer you are stuffed, I would also recommend finding out in advance exactly who you will be trained with. I havent done any training with Nouveau but I know others who have and they had a good experience, the only negative I have heard is that it can be expensive.
It is also good to keep yourself fresh by every once in a while going on a workshop or to a meeting of other techs, a great way to pick up techniques.

As it was another company mentioned I can offer my opinion on Finishing Touches, I have done some training with them, I had an excellent trainer and they are a very good company with a sound reputation. If anyone wants to find out more about my training in general then feel free to pm me. They are some truly unscrupulous people out there.

I am passionate about what I do and feel that there are really great training programmes out there, it is important to not get ripped off but you must be prepared to invest in your training if you want to get good !!

I though Beautiful Ink's comments were lovely, obviously had a good experience training and love what they do.

Insurance: £400 for insurance is extortionate. My last policy was with BABTAC and if you have done recognised training then the price of insurance should reflect that.

Just to add that BABTAC have recently changed their criteria to obtain their insurance for SPMU. You used to have to have been trained to Level 3 in beauty and also in SMPU. Now you don't need to have trained to level three.

visit bextravagant they are based in Reading and are a fantastic permanent makeup company!

I have recently finished my training and doing final preparation before offering this service.

skingeek78, thanks for Your detailed post.

Which anesthetics You find most effective and which are approved by insurance company.

Also do You do any allergy tests before procedure?

And also, girls, where can I get all consultation paperwork, aftercare etc for semi permanent to comply insurance regulations.

I have recently finished my training and doing final preparation before offering this service.

skingeek78, thanks for Your detailed post.

Which anesthetics You find most effective and which are approved by insurance company.

Also do You do any allergy tests before procedure?

And also, girls, where can I get all consultation paperwork, aftercare etc for semi permanent to comply insurance regulations.

Who did you train with ? These are basics and should have been covered on your course, so I wouldn't be happy that you'd finished training yet.

I have finished full training in Latvia, and all forms are in different language :) I thought there could be English versions somewhere, I would pay to get all right English forms.

The course was good.

Have you been able to find insurance and get licensed ?

Not doubting your course was good in Latvia, but each country has its own regulations you must comply with. You may find you need to pay for an English course to get English paperwork :|

I had my Spanish certificates professionally translated and also a brief what the course covered letter for my insurance...I had to do the same for my English to Spanish when I worked there.

It's is... but I'm getting there ;) I trained with Finishing Touches in June 2012. I like their approach and client service to me has been exceptional.

I'm looking at finishing touches at the mo, they are very helpful on the phone, but I'm still concerned as its lots of money?? I need to do much more local research, it's good to hear good things though x

Taneta the only advice I can offer is for you to get in touch with a reputable UK training company, this is the best way way to ensure that you have the paperwork you need and that it is up to date, they can check your certificates perhaps? And they will also provide you with information regarding UK code of practise/anaesthetics etc.. I can recommend Finishing Touches.

I used to be a trainer for Finishing touches and did the trade shows with them.. They are very professional and friendly to deal with. I've been away from it for a few years and I am thinking of doing a refresher, I've asked around loads of the newer companies, but I think I'll be going back to them.

Latest posts

Back