Sensationail - can I use other gel polishes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyfab127

Reaction score
Hi fellow sheek geeks

I just recently purchased the sensationail starter kit and so far are loving being able to do them at home.

However I was just wondering if you are able to use other gel polish brands like opi or Jessica or gellish with them ?

Thank you 😬

Hi fellow sheek geeks

I just recently purchased the sensationail starter kit and so far are loving being able to do them at home.

However I was just wondering if you are able to use other gel polish brands like opi or Jessica or gellish with them ?

Thank you 😬

OPI, Jessica and Gelish are all professional only brands which can only be legitimately bought if you have a manicure qualification, I'm assuming you do not as you have chosen an at home kit. (I'm also assuming you are in the UK?)

In case you are qualified, you should also be aware that it is never recommended to use anything other than the manufacturer recommended lamp for the brand you use- as it is the only way to be sure of a full cure (gels look/fell cured at about 40-60%). If gels are not fully cured this can give a range of problems from service breakdown (peeling, lifting, chipping etc) to developing an allergy which prevents you from wearing gel nails forever.

Just to say you can't buy Jessica with a manicure certificate. You need to be at least level 2 qualified.

Maybe you should try a gelly sandwich - use your gel basecoat and cure.Then use a normal varnish - however many coats you need but beware!! they must be allowed to dry thoroughly. Then you may apply your gel topcoat and cure again. This should last pretty well, and extend your colour range without costing a lot - please do not attempt to buy cheap gels on auction sites, there are an awful lot of fakes out there...

And please consider getting some proper training if you intend to continue - even if its just doing your own nails

Latest posts

Back