Server goin down - town

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Just a friendly lil note to let you all know that we are moving house Friday afternoon.

The server will shut down tomorrow afternoon for several hours while I migrate all data over. downtime should only last a couple hours at the most though due to namespace propagation (I have always wanted to say that) it may take some of you longer than that to get on over to our new home (but not too much longer).

Don't stress though - it should all go pretty seamless (fingers crossed). I have been spending most of my mobile time in preparation so I doubt there will be too many woes.

Will the site look different? Nope. Basically it will be the same beast but on a faster and more powerful dedicated server. This means that during periods of high load (when loads of geeks are on) no one should notice any slowdowns and no ugly crashes.
Right now - we are OK until we have 70 odd people on at the same time - then everything slows to a crawl and the server starts gagging for breath until it passes out. This move will give thenailgeek.com bigger lungs and a breath of fresh air.

nJoy

Thanks for letting us know Sam and really looking forward to being able to get loads of us on board at the same time.

See you all tomorrow
x

Woooo Hoooo Sam!!!
Faster has to mean better!
Hope it all goes smoothly ... dont forget which box has the kettle ... all house-moving goes better when you find the kettle first!
Ok Ill shut up now! :o

We're moving??? Can I go??:eek:

Don't forget what boxes you pack the toliet tissue and towels in...

that is brilliant news :D
and to think that tomorrow afternoon would be the only time i can get online tomorrow, busy busy busy, tomorrow night is 'bar night' :D see you all on Saturday then xxxxxxxx

Hope all goes well with the move and we are back on for my friday night drop in session lol

Thanks for the pre-warnings Sam that sooo much better than the last time the site went down. Does this mean I'll have to care of those little jobs around the house that I didnt take care of last time the site went down oh phoey :lol:

aaah nearly panicked until i realised its not for long! but also moving at the weekend and so wont see you all again after today until wednesday gawd knows how i will cope xx

Latest posts

Back