Set up cost?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammiec85

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Can anyone give me advice on starting costs to when you set up a small business renting a room? :)

Last edited:
im also looking for the same info, just wondering how long you have been in the industry for. i have 2 years salon experience and 2 years spa and only 1 year mobile? is it too soon??

im also looking for the same info, just wondering how long you have been in the industry for. i have 2 years salon experience and 2 years spa and only 1 year mobile? is it too soon??

I don't think it's too soon, as long as you know that's what you want to do. Are you looking to do it mobile or rent somewhere?

Id be really interested to know this too! and how do u decide which products to get, from where and how much?

Id be really interested to know this too! and how do u decide which products to get, from where and how much?

Yeah it's hard to decide what skin care brand to go for! Also nail brand! I think I'm sticking with artistic gel polish and orly nail lacquer. All the little bits add up! Then it's the insurance etc. list goes on! :)

Im sure there are threads on here about this.

You obviously need to work out all your treatment costs, equipment, advertising, rent, set up, etc, etc.

But the best advice I can give once you have worked out what all that comes to, is treble the amount at the very least, as you will be amazed at how much you overspend when you first setup.

Wishing you the very best for your new venture.

I rent a small room. It cost me less than £3000 to start up. I had contract fee 100 months rent 260 deposit 260 signage 240 printing 100 insurance 250. It definetley all adds up from nowhere. Decorating, products etc.xx

Tobl55 - thanks for that info :) Great idea of some of the costs involved for those looking to set up :D

It cost me £10,000 to set up my home salon. I do facials, waxing, eye treatments, nails and spray tan. X

I'm in the process of setting up a small salon. My salon is basically a room with it's own door &window.

So far I have paid £250 deposit, £100 rent (landlord very kindly let me rent it at this price for a month to get it set up), £75 on paint, £90 for wood and things to section off an area for tanning, waxing,etc, £30 for a Second hand nail desk, £185 for a sofa, mirror and chairs.

I still need to paint the partition, put up shelves, get a trolley, signage and finishing touches and probably a lot more that I haven't realised yet.

I already have all my insurance, equipment and products as I have been mobile but I really want to get some retail in and it is going to cost me a few hundred as well.

Sent from my V9A using SalonGeek

I put aside £5,000 to start up my mobile business (nails). Spent that all and made a loss in the first 6 months (which I don't really count, but my tax return had to be done).

I was just about to break even this month, (10 months down the line) until I decided I wanted a home salon and kitted out the spare room!

Xx

Latest posts

Back