Start up cost for dermaviduals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Father1*

Reaction score
Hi, I’m looking to set up self employed and just curious if anybody works woah dermaviduals and how much it might cost to start off with them? Do they expect minimum spend or they’ll close the account and things like that?

Hi,
Just had a quick look at their website and watched the video from the UK rep and it seems that they are not after big volume type accounts from my understanding. That will suit you if you are a small business. Look at the professionals section.

Fill out their enquiry form and see if you could order some trial products or samples. You have got to do this otherwise you won't move further. If it's all you hoped it would be then great, but if you react to the products, then your mind is made up. Stop stressing take the plunge, and just ask.

Those same questions I asked my "Payot Paris" rep too when I took the brand on and was pleasantly surprised that they had no problem with little accounts like mine.

Let us know how you go on.

Hi,
Just had a quick look at their website and watched the video from the UK rep and it seems that they are not after big volume type accounts from my understanding. That will suit you if you are a small business. Look at the professionals section.

Fill out their enquiry form and see if you could order some trial products or samples. You have got to do this otherwise you won't move further. If it's all you hoped it would be then great, but if you react to the products, then your mind is made up. Stop stressing take the plunge, and just ask.

Those same questions I asked my "Payot Paris" rep too when I took the brand on and was pleasantly surprised that they had no problem with little accounts like mine.

Let us know how you go on.
Thank you RosieR! So I contacted them and they are looking for opening order £2000 then minimum order of £120.
I might need to start up on a different range then if I can get established I couod then add dermaviduals as I just don’t have that kind of cash for an opening order right now.
The Payot does interest me too.
Can I use any products I want to for doing my facials so it doesn’t have to be a professional/anccount only brand?

I thought "Ouch!" when you told me of the opening account and it would have put me right off as it is unaffordable for a new starter. I am not a new starter at all and I still feel it's not right for you at this stage in your business.

Where you are based are there any beauty Wholesalers nearby so that you can pop in and purchase a few of their Salon professional sensitive skin ranges? Like kaeso, Strictly Professional or Skintruth ?
These are some of your budget starting ranges. Plus I am not saying they will suit your skin with the issues that you face.
I have no idea on your set up but you have skills that may mean that you will need lots of different products of all kinds and therefore you are going to want a regular wholesaler supplier.
By setting up a Trade account, you can pay as you go which is what I do. It will make what you do so much more professional than buying shop bought items that your clients could buy themselves. So yes it does have to be a professional brand to be taken seriously.
The choice of wholesalers that do online or telephone ordering include, Alan Howard, Ellisons', Cm Hair and Beauty, House of Famuir, Salon Services. Beautiful Brows & Lashes, Louella Belle, Amphora aromatics, I have used them all from time to time.

In nutshell, how would you feel if you went to a salon for a facial and the therapist got out something like Boots no7 to perform your facial? I would feel duped and think to myself .....Well I could have bought those items myself and saved £££... I would be miffed and not re book.
What clients are paying for is the experience, and those extra special moments that take your facial or massage to the next level.
Then you can charge what you really should and feel confident that they will re book, which of course is the most important test.

Latest posts

Back