Set up in bedroom for lashes & brows?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HannahB1993

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm going to be offering HD brows and Nouveau Lashes and ideally it would be good to offer it at home in a spare room or a garden hut type of thing. BUT... I have no spare bedrooms and no garden so those aren't options at the moment.

We have a really big bedroom so the thought did cross my mind about buying a room divider and then setting up and folding away once the day has ended. Would this look strange and unprofessional? Has anyone else tried this? I am only going to be offering to friends and family for a while to begin with so I don't think they would mind too much but I want it to look professional.

Any advice??

I have given it some thought and I really feel it is a very personal space and would only be suitable whilst you are practising on friends and family.
There are some good room dividers around but it is the fact that you will always have your space invaded on a daily basis , constantly being vigilant about being everso tidy.
Clear all the clutter from the spaces that clients will walk through to get to the bedroom. Even friends will judge you on tidiness ...it's inevitable. it will be hard work and the job to get a perfect set of brows/lashes should be your focus , not the thought that "Oh dear , have I put all my personal stuff out of the way?"
Temporarily it will be ok , only ok that is for a very short time. remember you are trying to be as professional as you can be.
I hope you aren't deflated, but I am only thinking about what is best for your first steps in your career.
You are your own boss , so completely ignoring anything I say is your choice and that's really fine...it's your future and I really wish you well.
RosieR

Neither courses are ‘cheap as chips’
You cannot expect folk to pay top dollar to have their treatment carried out in someone’s bedroom
Sorry to be blunt - but friends and family will expect to be paying ‘mates rates’ and you will find it hard to recoup your training costs- let alone make a profit!
Go find a professional salon and rent a room.

Fine for practising with friends and family but you’ll need somewhere more suitable once you start charging people.

Latest posts

Back