Setting lotion and colour fading.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamaur man

Reaction score
Hello guys and girls.

I know that tinted hair fades over time, but does anyone else find that using setting lotion on tinted hair may actually cause more fading.

Alot of other styling and blow dry sprays also contain alcohol which may add to colour fading.

I use a color protecting spray conditioner, but it has alot of alcohol in it, which I suppose sort of defeats the object. :irked:

Yeah I've noticed some products that cause the hair colour to fade.but I use Wella setting lotion it has like a coulor rinse inside like I do a lady that has 5/0 so the setting lotion is for brown hair of you get me?
I have to be carful what shampoo I use as it didn't just strip the colour it can ruin the skin I've used bed head before and my hands were very sore.

Have you tried coloured setting lotions?

Yeah I have tried coloured setting lotions and sometimes use coloured mousse.
Just wondered if the actual alcohol caused more fading compared to non- alcohol based products.

Years ago you could get any coloured setting lotion. Now there are very few which I've seen. With each decade that passes, sets will soon be a thing of the past. Well at least the oldskool type shampoo & sets anyway.

;)

Yeah I've noticed some products that cause the hair colour to fade.but I use Wella setting lotion it has like a coulor rinse inside like I do a lady that has 5/0 so the setting lotion is for brown hair of you get me?
I have to be carful what shampoo I use as it didn't just strip the colour it can ruin the skin I've used bed head before and my hands were very sore.

Yeah I also use sulphate free shampoo for coloured tinted hair which is kind to the skin and supposedly causes less fading.

;)

Latest posts

Back