Setting up Abroad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heidi14

Reaction score
It is my dream to live abroad but I love my beauty work here and would like to continue it in the future overseas somewhere...preferably spain & the canaries.

Where do you start? I would like to know how people have found it?

Thank you!!:)

Look into the country where you want to set up in, I know in France City& Guilds NVQ is not recognized as a salon whom I know sold her house and business and moved to France, set up a B&B and wanted to do treatment but because they dont recognize her exams she has to retrain. She is not doing it at the moment due to funding.

hiya,
i moved to spain in nov last year and set up a mobile beauty business, it takes a while to get all your legal paperwork and stuff sorted but i'm really enjoying it! I'm also working self employed 2 days a week in an english toning bed shop where i'm so busy it's great!
I'd say go 4 it! just loads of research on where you want to be, one thing i would suggest though is learn as much of the lingo as you can so you can target english and spanish clients.

Good luck!
:)

Latest posts

Back