Setting Up Salon Room In Home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyByLee

Reaction score
I finally qualify to be a beauty therapist in June after 3 years of hard work. This means I will be qualified in massage, skin care, spray tanning, nail technician etc.
I am setting up a treatment room within my house but im not very sure on the legal side of things. What insurance do i need, health and safety? Tax? Vat? I really don't know where to start. If someone could help me out that would be great.

You will need public liability insurance so you can work on the public
you will need product liability insurance to cover the products that you use
you should be able to get both of these from the same provider
beauty guild
professional beauty
salon gold
are a few insurance companies to try.
Your furniture in your treatment room should be able to be covered by getting in touch with who ever you have your house insurance with, you do need to let them know as it will be an extra charge.
You need to get in touch with your local council to see if you allowed to work from your home in your area (99% say yes so don't worry).
For your VAT & tax you need to phone your local tax office and inform them that you are going to be self employed, they will send out a form for you to fill in and then you just return it to them hth

thankyou very much thats exactly what i needed to know

Latest posts

Back