Shall I offer both Shellac and Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TLC Lisa

Reaction score
As the title says I'm having a few clients - I'd say a handful that have stopped coming to me as the gelish is not agreeing with them especially my mum who I love treating , and all have said the same 'I didn't have this reaction with shellac'. I don't really want to be hauling around different systems but don't want to lose my clientelle either .
Thanks xx

What reaction have they had?

They are saying that when wearing the gelish they have the 'urge' to take it off and my mum especially says her nails grow better with shellac. I have questioned my prep but know its being done correctly I only lightly buff the nail plate only to remove the shine, cleanse and use ph bond, my mum is not one for nail art and likes plain colours so use 2 thin layers of colour and a thin layer of top it of.

what do they mean by an urge to take it off? Like they want to pick at it? Can't say I ever feel a difference between Shellac and Gelish on my nails.

I do offer both though and they are both popular.

(I presume you are using the Foundation coat after the ph bond and it's just you missed that out when typing?)

Yes sorry a thin layer of foundation after ph bond. It was strange when my mum said as she's worn gelish for nearly a year and explains it as she just wants it off her nails she's had difficulty explaining to me how it's felt. She soaked it off and said her nails felt 'better'. She has completely baffled me with this one as her nails have grown in the past year and have kept filing back as they were growing too long. They are strong with her too. She did wear shellac for 6 months prior to me changing to gelish.
I'm completely baffled xx

That's strange but do you think it could all be in her head!?Do you think that she's read an article about it damaging her nails or something and doesn't want to upset you!? X

That's strange but do you think it could all be in her head!?Do you think that she's read an article about it damaging her nails or something and doesn't want to upset you!? X

Thanks for the reply Hun my mum is straight and tells me like it is. It's baffled her too as she's been fine for the past year. I have wondered if it is down to her arthritis but she says no, and an elderly lady who comes regular loves gelish and her arthritis is worse than my mums:-/ and my mum loves having her nails done too xx

I offer gelish and Shellac, I trained in Shellac, but a lot of my client nails did not suit it (weak, bendy, flaky etc) so I started building up gelish colours and my (problem nail) clients love it! I also find the colour range in gelish is so much better :) so any colours I don't have shellac in or shellac don't do I buy it in gelish. I love them both and each have different benefits :) hope I helped a little :) xx

I offer gelish and Shellac, I trained in Shellac, but a lot of my client nails did not suit it (weak, bendy, flaky etc) so I started building up gelish colours and my (problem nail) clients love it! I also find the colour range in gelish is so much better :) so any colours I don't have shellac in or shellac don't do I buy it in gelish. I love them both and each have different benefits :) hope I helped a little :) xx

Thank you Rachel yes you have helped I think ill take the plunge and offer shellac I've been weighing up the pros and cons all evening and think ill get the starter kit in a couple of weeks xx

Hi there. I'm trained in both systems and offer both to my customers. I have some customers who also prefer Shellac, when I ask them why most of them have said its the thickness of the product they prefer as Shellac is a bit thicker. Personally I love both systems but it's all down to a customers preference therefore if you have some customers preferring shellac it sounds a good idea to be trained in both.

I offer Gelish, Shellac and Gelcolor. I have clients who only want one vs the other. I have to admit that when I wear Gelish or Gelcolor, i do want to pick at it. I think it's just because they are a bit thicker than Shellac. Even if I apply them really thin, I still want to pick. As you can tell, I'm a picker and such a bad example for my clients. Of course, I don't tell them I'm a picker! Lol!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

i really :Love:your nails in the avatar-pic.

i really :Love:your nails in the avatar-pic.

Yeah, Shellac is a great product and application is smooth and easy :) thank you very much! Stiletto nails are all I ever do really haha! My clients weren't really sure about them at first, but after some pretty nail art and pics with celebs sporting them! It's all my clients want now lol :) Good luck!

Thank you Rachel yes you have helped I think ill take the plunge and offer shellac I've been weighing up the pros and cons all evening and think ill get the starter kit in a couple of weeks xx

Sorry meant to quote you too in that last post :)

Latest posts

Back