Shampoo for combination hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rouge

Reaction score
Hi all you lovely Hair Geeks, I'm hoping you can give me some good advice.
I'm trying to find a good professional shampoo for my hair. It gets quite oily at the roots, but the ends are dry, and I do get a lot of split ends. I went to a well-known hairdresser and they recommended Kerastase Oleo-relax shampoo and conditioner. Well, the conditioner is lovely and I use it on the bottom half of my hair, but the shampoo just made my hair so oily that I ended up having to wash it every day. I'm currently using a high street brand that I'm not especially happy with, so I really need to get something that actually makes my hair feel nice!

Please help! Many thanks in advance. :hug:

i would reccommend you use Clynol Clear, it is a deep clarifying shampoo that will cleanse your roots without further drying out the ends of your hair. i would always reccommend you shampoo your hair twice with this and only condition your mid-lenghts to ends. If your ends are very dry i love clynols recovery conditioner which adds moisture and repairs your hair withour feeling heavy on the hair. hope this helps
xx

Forgive me as I am not a "true hair professional" started training then kids came along and then had to give up - one day I may get back into it properly!

You will find a lot of hair shampoos and conditioners will or will not suit - I tend to use the PPS range and find the shampoo fantastic - but the conditioner not quite as spectacular. The other thing I find is that it is also dependant on what I have been doing :lol:

If I have been swimming with the littleuns, then my hair is like a matted birds nest whatever I use :eek:

However, If I have given my hair a good wash with the ruling -

first wash straight onto scalp and let excess shampoo clean the length - then second wash as above,
then conditioner on the length of hair

then washed off with tepid/cool water (to shrink the opened shafts back together) then I usually have lovely soft shiny hair :Look_righ:D:Look_left

Dunno if this will work for you but hths a little

PS I sometimes add Solar oil onto the ends of my hair - with it being such a light oil which diffuses nicely - it leaves my hair feeling less dry :o

Thank you so much for your help. the-hairdresser, where would I get Clynol products from please? Is that a salon only brand?

Snuggs, I may well give your way a go and see what happens, I'm not sure about the cool water rinse as I usually wash my hair while I'm in the shower - gives me goosebumps just thinking about it :lol:!

it is a salon brand, clynol products are excellent for all hair types but clear shampoo is my favourite i use it daily to remove any product i have on my hair. it is excellent. let me no how you get on

totally agree with the hairdresser ref the clynol clear shampoo(a great clarifying shampoo, alot of us only wash our hair once but
wash once to lift the dirt then a second time to remove the dirt.....

Thank you very much for your advice everybody. I'll have a look round for the Clynol shampoo and give it a go!

A little update.

I finally got the Clynol Clear shampoo (after waiting for over a week for Clynol to get back to me with a list of local stockists :irked:). I LOVE this shampoo, it's made my hair much softer and less frizzy, and it looks in really good condition now.

Massive thanks to everyone for your help! :hug:

ah glad its work i am biased as we use clynol at college but i do love their products

Hi all you lovely Hair Geeks, I'm hoping you can give me some good advice.
I'm trying to find a good professional shampoo for my hair. It gets quite oily at the roots, but the ends are dry, and I do get a lot of split ends. I went to a well-known hairdresser and they recommended Kerastase Oleo-relax shampoo and conditioner. Well, the conditioner is lovely and I use it on the bottom half of my hair, but the shampoo just made my hair so oily that I ended up having to wash it every day. I'm currently using a high street brand that I'm not especially happy with, so I really need to get something that actually makes my hair feel nice!

Please help! Many thanks in advance. :hug:

Hi, I use Kerastase Bain Divalent which is a balancing shampoo for Oily roots and sensitised/dry ends. I find this works on my hair. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I may give that one a go next.

Latest posts

Back