Share your slow cooker recipes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lush-Lash

Reaction score
Afternoon ladies.

I've just got a new slow cooker, the things we get excited over! :D

I used to use my old one most days but it broke & now ive just got myself a new one i can't wait to get using it again.

it's so much easier for me to bung all the ingriedients in the slow cooker while we both work all day then when I'm finished me & OH have a healthy meal already cooked!

I usually do sausage / chicken / pork casserole's but I want some different recipes, gets a bit repetitive eating the same thing over & over..

I'm also using google for inspiration but thought I'd ask my fellow geeks what they cook too xx

I do curries in mine,
Bung in some chicken, veg, and rice, then the sauce and ALOT of water (for the rice soaks up a lot!)
And it's amazing!

Kim x

Ooh and chilli is amazing in it.

Have also done a few gammon joints, leaves them so tender and melt in the mouth!

Kim x

I make gammon in mine but instead of using water I put 2lts of coca cola in! Sounds strange but it counteracts the saltiness and you cannot taste the coke at all. I have a HUGE slow cooker tho so if u have a smaller one adjust the amount :) x

I also make sausage casserole, curries, stew and dumplings and even rice pudding x

Roast pork. The shoulder joint is the best. No water needed. Put it on low for 6hrs or so then put the oven on max, put salt on the fat and about 40 mins late lovely crackling and melt in the mouth meat. Lush! I get lots of comments on it being the best roast pork. :)

I just bought my sister a slow cooker for getting into her wanted uni with a HUGE slow cooker recipe book so I'll keep you posted when she starts using her cauldron and potions book! :D

Leanne
X

i havent cooked very much in mine (only got it recently) but i did do lamb shanks in it and they were amazing, im not usually a fan of lamb but the meat was falling off the bone :) going to get one of the "100 things to cook in a slow cooker" type books!! xx

bbq pulled pork using pork shoulders! All you need to go with it is a few good kaiser rolls or corn bread, coleslaw, and a yummy side like mac and cheese, potato salad, or cowboy beans :D

I use mine at least once a week, in winter prob twice a week! I cook my gammon (and only use value gammon when slow-cooking, no point in buying good cuts) in tesco value cider mmmmmmmmmmmm sometimes add onions and/or honey, depends on how much time I have. Serve with peas, sweetcorn, mash and haloumi cheese xxxxxxxx

For a really quick meal, add dolmio (or whatever) sauce to minced beef, quick mix together and leave. Can be topped up when home to make spag bol, lasagne, chilli, etc......... If you have more time, of course make your own sauce with tomatoes, chopped veg, garlic, worcestershire sauce, tomatoe puree etc - whatever leftovers are getting bit "old" in fridge ........

I think you can cook just about anything in a slow cooker, just think of a meal you like, chuck it in and see what happens - thats what I do and have never been disappointed.

hth and happy slow cooking :biggrin:

And, of course, cheap cuts of beef/lamb, chunks of veg and potato etc makes lovely stew - and dont forget the dumplings lol

Whole chicken, leftovers make great stock for later.

Latest posts

Back