Shelf life of products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enhanced-Barbie

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was wondering what the shelf life for products is? Ive done a search and found a couple of comments on monomer being 6mnths and polymer being 1yr. Is there any conflicting information to this? Also I would like to know about other products.

Monomer
Polymer
Adhesive
CND cuticle remover
Acetone
Cuticle oil
Primer
Dehydrator
(and any other product that may have slipped my mind)

Also... (I know this is going to be hugely different for everyone, depending on skill etc) but how often do you replace your brush?

:hug:

Last edited:
This may not answer your question exactly, but hopefully you will find the information useful.

Firstly, all of the products you listed will have various shelf lives. I understand that cosmetics & toiletries etc have to come with the shelf life printed on the packaging now as a legal requirement.

If you look at everyday items such as shower gels and shampoos, there will be a picture of a jar with 12m or 24m or 36m next to it to indicate the shelf life. Some relate to 'unopened' storage, and others when opened.

Most items will last 1-2 years in a cool dark place unopened, but generally the more 'natural' the ingredients, the less life it will have due to the nature of naturally active ingredients. (Products with more 'man-made 'developed' chemicals generally last longer.) Sorry for the rubbish terminology!

TBH though, I don't believe any of this is an exact science. If you store products correctly and keep lids and tops on, (avoiding cross contamination, heat and light) you will maximise the shelf life of any product. If you notice any separation, discolouration or strange odours, don't even attempt to use the product as the performance will almost certainly be affected.

Sorry for waffling on!

HTH

Latest posts

Back