Shellac French manicure help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlewood

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
In the salon I have always used Jessica Geleration and get a lovely results doing white tips with their "wedding gown" white gel polish.
However I've just bought the CND Shellac lamp & kit from Sweet Squared to use at home. I'm really struggling with both studio white & creme puff as I find they are very thick! I cannot get a nice neat white tip. Any help?!!!

Hi Littlewood,

Make sure you really shake the bottle and wipe off any excess polish on the brush before you apply. If you're still finding it difficult to get a neat smile line take a nail art brush with a tiny bit of disperse and just tidy up the edges :)

Hope this helps!

Cream Pruff definitely requires a 'knack' to get good results! As Square said remove all polish from the brush, you want it to look like there's virtually nothing on there. When you do you first coat it will look streaky and uneven but don't worry, that's what you want it to look like because your coats have to be super thin to avoid wrinkling. Apply your second coat thin as well but you'll find it fills in any gaps from the first and it should even out nicely.

What I've found works very well it to do my first coat left to centre then right to centre. And with the second coat I apply it vertically from the smile line to the free edge and this gives full coverage and a smooth even finish.

Latest posts

Back