Shellac & Geleration

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caroleloftus

Reaction score
Hi All

Can you tell me if Jessica's Geleration will cure under the CND Shellac UV Lamp and whether you can use Shellac base and top coat with it?

I love Shellac but it is so limited with their colour range so I am investigating buying more colours from other ranges!

Thanks
C

Have you seen the new Shellac shades that are launching this month? There will be even more layering possibilities then. There will also be another sparkly layering shade - glitter flakies this time - to jazz up all of the cremes.

From my understanding, Geleration is a gel polish, whereas Shellac is a Power Polish- a hybrid polish that behaves like a gel. Therefore they are completely different and I can't see how they would be compatible with each other without any service breakdown.

In any case, I wouldn't recommend mixing systems- Shellac top and base are designed scientifically to work with Shellac color coat, and Geleration colors with their own top/base products. Also you can't say you are providing a complete Shellac or Geleration service if you are not using only the products designed for each service, but rather a mishmash- and this may affect your insurance cover.

Why not take the suggestion above and look into the extensive layering combinations you can do with Shellac? There are some in the Shellac Loves group on here, and FingerNail Fixer has a huge collection on Facebook x

Hi All

Can you tell me if Jessica's Geleration will cure under the CND Shellac UV Lamp and whether you can use Shellac base and top coat with it?

I love Shellac but it is so limited with their colour range so I am investigating buying more colours from other ranges!

Thanks
C

Before committing to spend your hard earned cash investing in another product, take a look at the Shellac Lover Group on this site. Under "pictures", there are Shellac layering coloring wheels graciously provided by Californiachick. You may find some inspiration there. I'd hate for you to spend more money if you've invested in product already.

Latest posts

Back