Shellac glitter paste

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi there

I could do with making the above, I want the glitter to really stand out. I have the CND sparkle additive antique gold & IG gold holographic one.

How would I go about mixing this into Shellac top coat? Or would I mix it into clearly pink? Iv read on here 30% ratio is this right? How do I go about that? I'm wanting to use it for a glitter tip and don't what to use the pressing method (Rockstar) due to needing a super crisp edge.

Thank you

Hello!

My personal preference for Shellac Glitter French is to press it into the tacky layer. I know you said you didn't want to do this, but you could easily crisp up the smile line with CND Gel brush and a tiny bit of 99% IPA?

xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Hello!

My personal preference for Shellac Glitter French is to press it into the tacky layer. I know you said you didn't want to do this, but you could easily crisp up the smile line with CND Gel brush and a tiny bit of 99% IPA?

xx

Hi there

That is what I normally do, but find the odd bit of glitter gets on the base of the nail even if I have wiped with IPA 1st!

If doing a glitter tips...
Do your colour 2 layers cure etc, do your glitter and tidy smile, or if just doing fench then do your base colour x 2 wipe sticky off, add your colour tip and cure, then add glitter tidy and then with either silver VIP (I love adding this) of top coat, just gently put on the glitter tip only cure, wipe excess glitter if you missed any and then top coat again cure, no mess :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Hi there

That is what I normally do, but find the odd bit of glitter gets on the base of the nail even if I have wiped with IPA 1st!

Ok, no worries. In that case then, yes I would make a glitter paste. I believe the Fingernail Fixer on YouTube makes hers from glitter and Shellac topcoat, as you suggested xx

I find that removing tacky inhibition layer then doing the tip does still attract some glitter particles to the rest of the nail as although tack is removed it is not sealed with a top coat. This could be annoying for some so a glitter paste would give a perfect glitter tip .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-4E5Q5mnoE&sns=em

There is holly's video

Latest posts

Back