Shellac lamp & a quick colour query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitterbox81

Reaction score
I can't get the search function to work today so apologies as I'm sure I'm repeating numerous threads.

Am I right in thinking that although Shellac only cures properly with the CND lamp I can use the CND lamp to cure gel polishes- in particular Gelish (I want to offer both).

Just about to order the CND lamp now that I'm ready to start doing paying clients- didn't mind risking undercuring on myself- and was going to offer my old (only 2 months old :lol:) UV lamp to the students at my local beauty academy if I don't need it.

Also if you could only have Fedora or Faux Fur which would you go with- I can only afford 1 colour today. Or is there another colour you'd advise?

I have: Studio White, Negligee, Iced Coral, Wildfire, Hot Pop Pink, Black Pool, Moonlight & Roses, Clearly Pink, Strawberry Smoothie, Red Baroness, Iced Cappuccino, Purple Purple, Rock Royalty and Asphalt (I've been collecting for a while).

I love faux fur but that's my personal choice.
The new CND lamp or original brisa are the only lamps to cure Shellac.
Other systems will tell you what is required to cure for example I have just got a trial in of cuccio veneer which says it will cure in a 36W uv lamp non specific so I will use my CND lamp. Other systems I don't know about.

Thank you. Yes, Gelish states 36 watt lamp so I presume that means any lamp. Quite excited to get a new lamp because for unknown reasons the one I have just now only times for 3 minutes which doesn't appear to match any product :irked:

I do have Gelish Bella's Vampire which is similar to Fedora I think so was swaying towards Faux Fur as I don't have a chocolate brown in either brand yet. Oh to have the money to just buy all the colours!

Everyone will give you different opinions on which to choose, I love fedora and would say get that. Re the lamp yes it can cure other gels if 36w, funnily enough I'm the same as Evaperk and I've just received my trial pack for cuccio veneer and works fine in my CND lamp.

I have both and if I could only have one, I'd chose Fedora. However, if you already have a similar colour, I'd chose Faux Fur - it's beautiful with an iced cap tip/lunula.

CND Shellac with only cure with the CND lamp - it may looked cured with another, but the only way to ensure a proper, thorough cure is to use the lamp that it was designed to be used with. Shellac, being the power polish that it is, has different levels of photoinitiators in every colour - different pigments require different amounts so that they cure in the exact same time. The lamp/products were designed in conjunction with this in mind. It will, however, cure other products quite happily.

Yes the CND lamp cures gelish.

If I'm honest I'd say don't get faux fur or fedora get dark lava. It's probably mine along with a lot of other techs most chosen dark at the moment. Xx

Fedora is one of my most popular at the moment.Xx

Oh I do love the look of Dark Lava- it's the sort of colour I would wear. I want them all!

Thanks again everyone.

I couldn't choose just one in the end so went with Dark Lava and Faux Fur. My husband is going to kill me :lol:

I couldn't choose just one in the end so went with Dark Lava and Faux Fur. My husband is going to kill me :lol:

Ah, but your clients will love the choice and will recognise that you're only buying the best products and have a bigger range than your competitors. They will then return, become loyal clients and then recommend their freinds to the 'awesome nail lady with the big range'. You will then become silly rich, be able to buy a bigger house/ferrari/insert dream here and everyone will live happily ever after, such is the power (polish) of Shellac.

So, when you think about it, he should be thanking you for buying both... and encouraging you to get more ;)

they are very similar in colour so either x

Latest posts

Back