Shellac lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnalizy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the cnd shellac lamp cures OPI gel Color. I would like to offer both but don't really want to go to the expense in buying two lamps

Basically... No.
CND say that there product will only cure in their lamp, and some people would debate that when it comes to other "UV lamps".... But the OPI lamp is an LED lamp so it defiantly won't cure at all... OPI will cure in the CND lamp though. The general rule is.

A UV lamp will cure UV & LED curable products.

An LED lamp will only cure LED curable products.

Basically... No.
CND say that there product will only cure in their lamp, and some people would debate that when it comes to other "UV lamps".... But the OPI lamp is an LED lamp so it defiantly won't cure at all... OPI will cure in the CND lamp though. The general rule is.

A UV lamp will cure UV & LED curable products.

An LED lamp will only cure LED curable products.
I think you have read the question wrong, Donnalizy, asked if you could cure OPI in CND lamp. :) x

Does anyone know if the cnd shellac lamp cures OPI gel Color. I would like to offer both but don't really want to go to the expense in buying two lamps
Although I don't use OPI, the second half of Jordanmichael.I's reply was correct, you can generally cure LED curable polishes in UV lamps.

Check the bottles, or their website, as the cure times and lamp suggestions are usually on there. x

I think you have read the question wrong, Donnalizy, asked if you could cure OPI in CND lamp. :) x

I know I've just realised, bloody stupid I am! Although I still did answer the question in my reply I guess...
But just to clarify the CND lamp will cure OPI fine, haha!
:) x

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one to read things wrong
Would the timing be the same as when using the old opi lamp

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one to read things wrong
Would the timing be the same as when using the old opi lamp
As a general rule, UV curing is 2 mins for all applications Base, Colour and Top.

As with most brands OPI will not guarantee longevity of polish if they do not recommend using a UV lamp x

Latest posts

Back