Shellac Navy layering combination?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treacle44

Reaction score
I remember seeing a lovely navy combo but I can't remember what it was using? Can anyone advise me please?

Thanks

T x

Blackpool with Negligee over it. :)

I have tried blackpool 2coats plus 1 coat of purple purple ove it.

Both of the above or fedora x2 and negligee or asphalt x2 and purple purple x

Brilliant thank you. I did Blackpool x2 & negligee, looks great! Think I'll try asphalt & purple purple on myself! X

Blackpool with Negligee over it. :)

Sorry to hijack the thread but I tried this and it came out a really ugly grey colour... My Negligee has no shimmer whatsoever, it's very flat! I saw a post in the Shellac Lovers group where there were faulty batches of it but I checked and it does have a slightly blue tinge to it... so why the ugly grey layering combo?? :S

If you are saying there was no shimmer in it, that would be why- black with a white/blue tinged shade over it would = grey.

Have you shaken the bottle well to mix? It's possible the shimmer may have settled somewhat.

Yep, shook it to DEATH for 2 mins while the 2nd coat of Black Pool was curing... I'll have another play later and try again, will let you know the results :)

Poor negligee if you shook it to DEATH lol! ;)

Maybe you did end up with a shimmer less one then.

Do you have beau or purple purple? A similar shimmer blue can be made layering with one of those xx

Haha I know, felt more sorry for my arm though!!! I was getting a bit frustrated because tried it twice (first shaking for 15 secs, then when that didn't work, 30 secs) to no avail so shook loaaaaads thinking maybe it was where it had been sitting and the shimmer had settled.

Unfortunately I don't :(
That was why I was so gutted when it didn't work, I only had a 10 colour budget and ended up with: Cream Puff, Negligee, Wildfire, Red Baroness, Fedora, Black Pool, Tutti Frutti, Gotcha, Iced Coral & Cocoa... Had been looking for layering options but the closest I get to blue is Black Pool & Iced Coral which is a shimmery teal.

I'll shake my Negligee again and try some more (god help me) ;)
Thanks for your help! Will post my results......... xx

Try giving it a stir with a cocktail stick.

Latest posts

Back