Shellac ombré issue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jac4Harry

Reaction score
I tries doing an ombré on a regular client yesterday and it didn't work. I have done it before so can't work out why it diet work?!

Can someone let me know the steps you take to do an ombré, and what products you use (as in what sponge. Etc)

Hi, I've never used colours and a sponge for the ombre effect before, just glitter, which looks amazing, but assume it's the same procedure i.e. apply the first colour at the bottom of the nail plate, the second colour in the middle and the last chosen colour on the top towards the free edge (ensure to seal the free edge), dab together gently for the desired effect with the sponge and cure then top coat? Any other suggestions? x

I had a play a few months ago and I wasn't very impressed with the outcome so thought it was a sponge issue. I've bought a huge bag with lots of different style make up sponges in it from pound land but haven't tried it yet.

I did it with hot pop pink and purple purple. I did a coat of hot pop cured then on a tile put a blob of each next to each other, pulled them in together with end of dotting tool then used sponge to apply to nail. Like I said it didn't work very well and I'm yet to try again but I'm on the shellac art and styles course next weds and I believe this is covered because I've been told to bring sponges.

xxx

If I knew how to add the picture from my Shellac Album I would attach it lol
So I'll explain my Sally Hansen inspired nails..

This is how I do my shellac ombré nails, I used strawberry smoothie and Blackpool for the Rock French look, I then applied small amount of Blackpool to a basic sponge and dabbed the black lightly over the black French edge and strawberry smoothie, cure the stippled effect for 2mins, wipe off dispersion, I buffed it to make it matt and applied top coat rain drops and cured, wipe off sticky residue and viola :D

TIPTOP:

this is the pic you are referring to?
picture.php

Yes thank you :)

There are afew ways to do it main rules are cure before you add you next color as Shellac is not supposed to be mixed ,
And don't put yours or your clients at risk of overexposure by getting it all over your skin or theirs .
Other than that play about till you get the effect you like ,
Here is one of my vids http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP9Ku8fWk2E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I do ombre shellac with the CND additives , really easy and straight forward to do with those ...no messy sponges etc x

Latest posts

Back