Shellac on acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyQueen88

Reaction score
Hello everyone, sorry if this has been covered before but I've just done a search on my phone and can't find anything!
What process do you follow for doing shellac on acrylics? Am I right in thinking you dont need to scrubfresh or basecoat?

Thanks!

you don't need base coat as you will not be soaking the shellac off. however i always use the scrubfresh to make sure to get rid of contaminants off the nail plate (unless i have just done the acrylics there and then) x

Kayleigh's right. After applying your acrylics, file them in with your usual 180 grit, but dont solar oil them. Wipe them clean with scrubfresh, then do your 2 colour coats and topcoat, remove the sticky layer, then do your solar oil. Works a treat I have plenty of ladies who wear shellac over their acrylics. When its time to infill your acrylics you'll need to file the shellac off but it files off so easily and quickly its no hassle.

Thanks ladies :) i work in a salon and we've got a bride & her mum in for various treatments tomorrow. I don't do acrylics so I'm doing the shellac on top so our nail girl can then get started on her mum! I'm a bit nervous about it cos I've not painted acrylics before!

I'm still fairly new at all this and did recently do shellac over someone's existing acrylics (read up on here what to do re base coat etc lol) it was a pleasure to do in the end as goes on so smoothly and was very pleased as lasted her weeks even though she washes hair in a hairdressers for a living!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348269422.480315.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348269422.480315.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 3,491
I'm still fairly new at all this and did recently do shellac over someone's existing acrylics (read up on here what to do re base coat etc lol) it was a pleasure to do in the end as goes on so smoothly and was very pleased as lasted her weeks even though she washes hair in a hairdressers for a living!

Ah thankyou, they look great!

Latest posts

Back