Shellac or Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caroline90

Reaction score
Hi Geeks :)

I am looking into doing some conversions courses for awhile now as i have just saved up a lot of money and want to convert.. Im originally with NSI but want to train with CND so i basically have saved to do every course possibly with them so i can completely change brands and better my skills..
Anyway im so excited and feel like im going to burst if i have to wait any longer :)
I have always wanted to do shellac but i have seen so many threads about shellac vs gelish and has now got me thinking..
Ive seen people saying shellac is not as 'strong' as gelish and that it chips more easily etc..
I just want to know what you lovely people think about these brands as i really want to buy the best since i will be spending alot of money on courses and products :D
Thanks in advance
Caroline x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I decided to go with gelish Hun, my main reason was colours! I love the gelish colours & I'm reaching out to the younger market & they LOVE the gelish colours, I personally feel CND isn't as trendy! Sorry! I love gelish & so far so good! Good luck deciding lol xx

I decided to go with gelish Hun, my main reason was colours! I love the gelish colours & I'm reaching out to the younger market & they LOVE the gelish colours, I personally feel CND isn't as trendy! Sorry! I love gelish & so far so good! Good luck deciding lol xx

Yes the colours are another reason as i know gelish have a great range but i do have to say shellac have some lovely colours too! Its too hard to decide lol :)
Thanks xx

It was near mental torture when I was trying to decide! I was near pulling my hair out lol. It is a tough one, they are both great brands & I don't think you'd go far wrong with either one xx

I trained with NSI too :) I use CND Shellac! I loved the amount of promotional goods I could get for the products and also it can be paired with Vinylux for manicures which is an incredible product as it stays a whole week without chipping!
I haven't had any problems with it's strength or longevity since using it and their colour range is constantly expanding which I love!
Another factor for me was how quick and easy removal is compared to a few other gel polishes I tried beforehand. Also I personally found that clients were more aware of the name "Shellac" than anything else and seemed to put them at ease when they asked what type of gel polish I used :)
I have heard lots of great things about Gelish as well though I guess I'm biased as I don't use it!
Do a bit more research before making a decision and get what you think is right for you :)
Hope this helps and sorry for the essay!!
Xxxxx

I trained with NSI too :) I use CND Shellac! I loved the amount of promotional goods I could get for the products and also it can be paired with Vinylux for manicures which is an incredible product as it stays a whole week without chipping!
I haven't had any problems with it's strength or longevity since using it and their colour range is constantly expanding which I love!
Another factor for me was how quick and easy removal is compared to a few other gel polishes I tried beforehand. Also I personally found that clients were more aware of the name "Shellac" than anything else and seemed to put them at ease when they asked what type of gel polish I used :)
I have heard lots of great things about Gelish as well though I guess I'm biased as I don't use it!
Do a bit more research before making a decision and get what you think is right for you :)
Hope this helps and sorry for the essay!!
Xxxxx

Yes i agree with you too lol its so hard to decide but yes that is one fact that clients recognize the name 'Shellac' as ive heard clients asking their nail techs 'is that like shellac etc' and sometimes i have often heard nail techs just saying yes is it when its not rather then explain the differences.
Il think about it a little bit longer and see what i decide as i definitely do not want to rush and get the wrong brand for me :)
Thank you x

I went with shellac and I love it.

I had the same problem and had decided to go with gelish but when I priced start up packs shellac for me was the better option financially , I'm now using shellac and I have to say I'm obsessed , I love it !! However I will be adding gelish in the future as I have had some requests for it 😀😀

I use shellac and I love it. I've seen lots of posts about there are more gelish colours but there are sooooo many combinations to use with shellac and layering them up and glitters and additives I really don't see this as a problem. I think I have about 50(ish) shellac colours but over 100 colour pops so far with options. Just think it's great.

Thanks guys :)
Every time i think about going for gelish i always find a reason to go with shellac..!
I think i will go with shellac as i want to completely convert to CND
Mabey in the future if i get enough requests i may think about adding gelish too!
Thanks a million guys
Caroline xx

I am just starting out and bought gelish. However, when trying to get new clients on board a lot of them have askdd if I do shellac. Could I buy shellac and use it in same way i use gelish or do I have to be trained in it?

Latest posts

Back