Shellac or OPI Gelcolour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found another thread on this website, mixed reviews. Sorry to bring this into your thread.

i have to say shellac does not dry your nails out and in fact its been the best thing not just for my business but for my own nails too!! ive never had nails as nice as i have now.

i have heard so many stories of techs not getting on with gel colour and selling their kits (considering its only been out a few months thought this was bad!) and then i found out how much it is a bottle which really put me off!!xx

Hi there,
Thanks for your reply. I will challenge this with OPI as I only spoke to their training team at their HO on Friday to ask them what their USP was, I was told that it's that they are 100% pure gel etc, excluding the base coat as your correctly mentioned. She went onto explain that they waited to see what everyone else on the market had put out, then found out all the pro's and con's of them all and addressed them to produce OPI Gelcolour. She is that at some stage other people will copy them and bring out other 100% pure gel colours but not yet. I will look into what you said and call them back on Monday to see what they say. I've just invested in them and wanted to make sure my sales pitch/product information was correct, the last thing I want is to have clients think I am telling porkies, I like to be honest and factual.

Thanks again. Other than that, I am really happy with the products that I am using and highly recommend them.. 👍😊

I did not say that to diminish my regard for OPI; it is my favorite SOGP brand

I have used all of those others brands except Luxio and I like them as well, but OPI tops them all for ease of removal and color. I know that some people claim to have problems with OPI, but I think much of that is the shake out that occurs with any new product - Shellac and Gelish had similar problems at first. And of course, OPI will not be right for every tech or client. But I think you are doing the smart things and researching your choices thoroughly - that will lead you to the right product for you.

Latest posts

Back