Shellac peeling/lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harpot

Reaction score
Hi there I have been doing shellac now for the last 3 months and I absolutely love the product, also i have had no problems. I recently did a shellac French on a new client and it all went fine until I got got a text to say that the next day two had lifted, so she came back and i repaired them. The next day another text two more have lifted! This has never happened before so thinking I had just had a freakishly bad day at shellacking I offered to redo them free of charge from scratch. When she came in to get them redone I could litterly put my own nail under most of them & they lifted away!
So to cut a long story short I re did them last Saturday & the same thing has happened again! They started to come away after two days. I am wondering do they just not suit her nails, or is it something that she is coming in contact with( she has just had a baby, sterilising etc). Any advice would be greatly appreciated cause I'm baffled,

Sometimes we never get to the bottom of the reasons why. Clients do not always disclose everything and don't always even know themselves.

I would say that obvously there is some interference. That really is not your fault. You couldn't know.

One thing I do know is that being in water etc does not cause Shellac to lift. You know that too.

Hi there geeg thanks for reply yeah I no I am just going to remove them now and I don't think she should get them done again. I have done her family members and they haven't had a problem in fact they love it so much they recommended it typical!

Latest posts

Back