Shellac peeling the day after

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dry manicure is fine for Shellac, if you can sufficiently remove all cuticle. If you're having a hard time removing cuticle, you should not be afraid to use cuticle away. It is easily deactivated. I have clients go wash their hands. I'm not sure why everyone seems to use soap and water at their station. It seems easier for the clients to make sure it all comes off under running water. But I had a hand washing sink installed in the manicure area of my salon, so maybe it's a convenience thing for other techs. I have found one or two clients who seem to have issues when I use any water at all during their manicure (my thought process is that maybe some nails absorb more water, faster than others and maybe theirs absorb so much in the cuticle away deactivation that scrub fresh isn't sufficient to dehydrate.) For these clients, I always use a dry prep. Either way, make sure you're keeping your Shellac Coats thin. If coats are thicker, they are much more likely (and easier for naughty clients) to peel.

I really think you should contact your CND trainer, she will be able to look at what you are doing and advise you x

I have rang them and waiting for an educator to ring me back, I've stopped using cuticle away now and have done a few sets now been really careful removing all cuticle making sure I scrub fresh all sides free edge ensuring all free edge is capped been really over cautious so did my friends yesterday morning and she woke up today and her thumb has chipped I feel like crying!!!!

I have rang them and waiting for an educator to ring me back, I've stopped using cuticle away now and have done a few sets now been really careful removing all cuticle making sure I scrub fresh all sides free edge ensuring all free edge is capped been really over cautious so did my friends yesterday morning and she woke up today and her thumb has chipped I feel like crying!!!!

Ah bless you. Don't get too disheartened, you will get there! Sweet Squared are excellent and so are the trainers. I'm sure your trainer will have you sorted in no time. Did you manage to check the time on your bulbs? Xx

If you're 100% certain you're PEP isn't an issue then you need to check your bulbs. Not only that they don't need replacing but check that they're clean. Clients are forever knocking their nails against the bulbs which deposits a lovely blob of Shellac on the bulb, if that builds up and covers a large enough area it will affect the UV penetration. If this is the case take them out, turn them over and replace x

Yes I did there was over 85 hours on the bulbs left and I've flipped them all over too. I know i shouldn't worry too much but I do I just wish I knew what the hell was happening x

Ok how thick or thinly are you apply base, colour and top coats?

Not thick at all
If anything too thin as sometimes after 2 coats of colour they are still washy a bit patchy and thin on the free edge x

Not thick at all
If anything too thin as sometimes after 2 coats of colour they are still washy a bit patchy and thin on the free edge x

I did a one 2 one with an EA and she advised me to do two even good coats of colour rather than one thin & one thicker. She thought I shouldve been applying slightly thicker. So maybe your are applying too thinly!! Have you hot pictures of your current work? x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

No I haven't got any pics doh I've been so nervous and worried about t application I've not taken any think I maybe doing them too thin oh lord I feel stressed!

Latest posts

Back