Shellac - problem nails and adding something extra

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrainiac

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a few clients who have been suffering with peeling nails. I have been lightly buffing them to remove any flaky bits and smooth before applying shellac which is what I was taught at my shellac training and that has worked fine but In order to help customers solve this problem, is ibx the solution?

Also with the cold weather, a lot of my clients have dry hands and cuticles, I'm recommending hand cream and SolarOil daily but was thinking about adding a nice mask to my shellac manicure. I haven't done the spa manicure course but I assume they do a mask and I was thinking about getting heated mitts? Can I use the CND mask in heated mitts? Or what do people use? Also do you do the full shellac manicure first and then offer the mask at the end?

Sorry a lot of questions! Any help appreciated :) x

For delamination I would definitely use IBX. It works 99% of the time. CND do have a mask which is lovely and yes you can use it with heated mitts, in fact that would be a lovely pampering addition to your service. You would have to complete the Shellac first however but then the mask and mitts would be a nice relaxing end to the treatment :)

My boss recently brought in Keratin gloves for the Christmas holiday as a bonus treatment for shellac/gel-polish clients. They're disposable gloves that get popped into the microwave for a few seconds and then left on for 5 minutes to soak in. They're amazing!

Thanks ladies! Which is the nicest CND mask to use, is the almond one better for the winter? Xx

Latest posts

Back