Shellac problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MandaCloud9

Reaction score
Hi there this is the first time ive posted so i hope im in the correct place. ok so heres whats been going on... i did a shellac manicure on mon and the client rang me last night to say that she noticed 1finger had started to peel away on the end(not the full finger just a little bit) i was shocked by this, then this morning she tx saying the same was happening on her thumb.
a few month ago another client experienced the same after approx 5 days when she was on holiday in france, i put this down to the oils in the suncreams etc but she said her mum had shellac else where and this didnt happen to her on holiday.
i dont have a huge demand on shellac at the moment as i am slowly building this up but ive done a good hand full of clients (pardon the pun lol) and this has never happened and all of those have returned for reapplications.
i could not get down to the training centre as i am a single mum, but i consider myself a very competant therapist. i watched many many youtube tutorials plus others which had their own tips etc eg on the cnd they show only to do cuticle removal at the top of the nail beside the cuticle, whereas on someone elses they preped the full nail plate right down to the free edge to remove any traces of cuticle which had grown down, n i found that this made a big difference so i stuck with this before continuing with the rest of the pep. i did think that perhaps the bulbs needed changing but personally i dont think ive done enough hrs of shellac to warrant this, how many treatments should 1 get from the bulbs?also i still take an hr to perform a shellac treatment , surely this is not right?because i have my routine down i work as quick as i can without compremiseing the pep, i encourage the client to do all talking so i can get my head down etc i do all of that but stil 1hr. there is competition in my area and she is undercutting prices by half at least but is having really good feedback from what ive heard,but i cant see how she could be getting such good results if she is charging such little, surely she must be doing it quicker than me to benefit profitably?
thank you so much in advance for taking the time to read this, i appreciate all feedback on any areas of this fabulous treatment on how i can get back to successful long lasting treatments, better timings, pep, anything xxx
ps i use all legit products,equipment etc i dont like cutting corners

Firstly stop worrying about your competition, concentrate on your own business, your timings will come down in time (pardon the pun) my shellac can take 40 mins to 1hr 30 depending on what the client wants.. We know thorough pep is important to a shellac mani, this issue might not be your fault, the client could be heavy handed, seriously I look like lady but grab like a man, you might of forgotten to cap the free edge of her nails, her nails maybe you long and she may need a structure layer of Brisa lite smoothing or sculpting gel before her shellac application, is she following your home care, gloves, oil twice daily etc... You could try double scrub freshing and nail fresh this has helped a few of my peelers but she is a cleaner that will not wear gloves grrrrr... Just don't give up we are here to help xx

Latest posts

Back