Shellac Queries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pittas99

The Foot Spa Cyprus
Reaction score
Hi Everyone I hope some of you can help me with some Shellac qeuries I have?
I have just recently started using Shellac and I have mixed results!
On Sunday I shellaced two of my friends who happen to be sisters (almost identical nails) the one sister I saw yesterday and the nails are good no chips, no peeling. The other sister however is coming this evening to have them removed as they have peeled away. I know that they both look after themselfs quite differently the first one always wears gloves to wash up and the second one doesn't (incidentally neither women have dish washers!).
I have also shellaced the hair dresser staff where I work, again with mixed results (all have their hands in water).
The question is really do I need to explain to people before the treatment the risks of not taking care of their nails and the possible results if they don't? I really like Shellac but this is my reputation at stake? Has anyone out there had similar problems?
Also my leaflets state that its '14 day wear' which I'm considering to remove?
Any comments welcome? xxx

How a client treats their nails does make a big difference on how long it last.
As you say I would certainly explain this in your pre treatment.
In the Shellac group I've seen tech's that have pics of shellac after many weeks!
I've had a client who's gone 4.5 weeks. Dreadful regrowth but still an excellent finish.
Hth's x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[email protected]

Also my leaflets state that its '14 day wear' which I'm considering to remove?

I would change it to "can give 14 days or more wear" or something similar rather than be specific. They have got to change their habits and respect those new nails - also people pick, sometimes without realising (and they won't admit it). I tell my clients that as I am giving them the after care card - I go through it with them, I don't trust them to read it.

I give each new client a complimentary solar oil and an after care leaflet running over the basic home care requirements, that way they have no excuse not to look after them and any who do return with problems will often know why as a result.

I also give each new client a complimentary pinkie size solar oil and aftercare sheet. Shellac is brilliant but it is still a nail colour and will chip if a client is excessively hard on it. I would just change your '14 day wear' to 'upto 14 day wear' xx

I Shellac hairdressers with NO problems. One of them goes a whole LOT longer than two weeks and the only thing 'wrong' with her nails is the growth. Other than that, the nails are perfect. :)

I Shellac hairdressers with NO problems. One of them goes a whole LOT longer than two weeks and the only thing 'wrong' with her nails is the growth. Other than that, the nails are perfect. :)

One of my clients is a cleaner, never wears gloves and despite my nagging doesn't use her oil regularly either, she never has problems and if she could stand the regrowth would go longer then 2 weeks no problem (she has done on occasion but doesn't like the growth line)

Latest posts

Back