Shellac removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flashlash

Reaction score
Does anyone out there have some issues with removal? Some pigments/colours are easier to remove than others. The reds all pop of fine but for instance Ashphalt and Rock Royalty can sometimes be a little stubborn. It could be down to the dryness of the nails do you think? Some people's nails seem to almost suck it up? Am I doing something wrong. I sometimes have to use my orange stick a little more than I would like and even a four sided buffer on the gentle side if I'm desperate???????

Hey hun, I've had similar problems but I haven't made a connection with any particular colours. I did a search on here & found many suggested it could be due to base coat being too thick? I find I get a silvery, shimmery residue which is hard to get off even wiping with dsolve, so I also have to buff occasionally which is a pain cos it's exactly what were not meant to do! I feel your pain! xxxx

Yes, maybe, thanks for your reply. Will try thinner base coat x

I also think dry nails have something to do with it. Shellac and OPI I use both. Dry nails sort of literally glue the polish to,the nail. Lol xx

I have found that people with longer nails will have the tips harder to remove. The body heat on the nail bed seems to help the Shellac come off easily, but some product remains on the tips. I have started wrapping the hands in a warm towel after applying the remover wraps. The additional heat seems to help quite a lot

I have a lady who struggles to keep her shellac on for 5 days and funnily enough it removed soooo easily. However another client can keep hers for 2 1/2 weeks and it takes more effort. Confirms to me that it most definitely suits some more than others.

Latest posts

Back