Shellac removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi ladies
I have looked for a thread and can't find one.... I have a client with shellac on nails and I am removing for her..... I have gellux remover but never removed shellac with it! Will it work ok? Anyone got any experience of this?? X x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi sorry I don't know anything about gellux remover, what percentage acetone is it? If in doubt maybe use pure acetone instead?

Thx Hun I think I will.... Just in case!! Anyone else pls comment x x

You just need to make sure remover contains acetone. It's also a bit easier if you lightly buff the top (don't take off the colour) soak cotton pad in acetone, place directly against the nail then wrap each finger end in foil. 15-20 mins remove whilst putting slight pressure in the nail area to remove colour. Remove any remaining with orange stick.

Sorry if teaching you to suck eggs but I don't know your current product removal procedure x

I use CND Shellac and as others have said as long as you're using a high percentage acetone it should remove easily. However, I disagree with buffing, you don't need to buff the top coat if it's genuine CND Shellac, removal is quick and easy ready to remove after 8.5 mins :) xxx

No I don't buff either and leave the remover on for 8-9 mins

Thanks so much ladies! Can't comment if it is genuine shellac as I didn't do them! Like to avoid removal when I haven't done them but needs must! ;-) I do buff normally but now not sure whether to or not! Ix x

It's a tough one. I would ask her if she knows for certain that it's genuine shellac and if she is not sure maybe just really gently buff the shine off the topcoat before soaking. Nothing worse than sitting there for 8 mins and it not budging at all. X

I had this the other day. My client swore blind she had Shellac on, but after some probing questions I worked out it wasn't. I called the salon she went to, to find out if it was and they told me it wasn't. It was a buff off.

When I told my client she showed me the price list she'd been given, and it said Shellac on there.

Unfortunately, you can never guarantee.

I used to use Gellux but have switched to Shellac. I've still got some of the remover and use it (only on myself though) to remove Shellac and it works fine. It does take a few mins longer than the 8 minutes

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back