Shellac repairs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty geek 84

Reaction score
Hi all,

Ok so I just bought fedora and am dreading using it already. Seems there are alot of problems like chipping.

That aside, if a client returns after several days with chipping, lifting etc do you offer to redo for free? the majority of my clients have not experienced any problems with their shellac.

At what point do u put it down to the clients nails and not my application? How do you handle this? Do you reccommend maybe shellac might not be for them? It is not indedtructable after all and can last upto 2weeks. This is what I tell my clients.should nails be kept relatively short for shellac wearers?

Really stressing about how to handle this! I'm new to the business and want to build up my clientele

I'd be interested to see comments on this too. I've had a lot of success with Shellac but I had someone recently and actually predicted there would be 'issues' with her! I ended up re-doing her right hand (left hand was perfect!!) which she said had lifted (and they had - french). I did it for nothing as it was only 3 days later but I wasn't pleased. There is a fine line I think of keeping people happy, but not being taken advantage of (or allowing people to take advantage of you). I don't know the answer - there is a thread on here somewhere where Geeg answers queries like this. Just found it - maybe post here?
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/55685-your-personal-agony-aunt-problem-solving-clients.html

Hello there no worries perfect your application as per CND standards and you will always have a consistent base line as to how shellac should hold up. I know personally that I have a few tricks that I can try before I know their nails are maybe not mention for shellac:)0 that can be the case sometimes-however very very rare.
I do everyone the the same the first time upon return and assessment I then can alter my application ie using and extra coat of clearly pink when I see delamanation or excessive wear on the thumb or index. You need to really use your selling skills and impress to them that they have a responsibility to maintain them as well with home maintenance. If upon their return again I see excessive chipping or peeling I have been known to offer a thin thin coat of Brisa over their nail often only needing one coat and never needing another application it seems to help cover the damaged nail plate and allow a new "properly"!! cared for nail by an amazingly careful tech to grow.:) And finally yes It depends on the client but I will offer a redo if I feel I could have missed a step or maybe the person is loosing faith in shellac customer service is definaylt the path to loyally good luck and have faith in yourself :)

I think I would give the client the benefit of the doubt the first time and do it for free if it was within a week. Would also make sure they were following the aftercare. If it happened again then I would recommend that the client does not have it again - as either they are doing something to it or its not for their nails. Maybe recommend a gel polish which are a little more durable.

xx

Latest posts

Back