Shellac Salon Finder dilemma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiptoze

Reaction score
Thank you for an insight to the criteria required to be registered on the Shellac Salon Finder Geeg.

My dilema, as other techs have pointed out is purchasing Shellac products every 60 days. I fully understand and appreciate S2 cannot a accommodate every individual, and I personally think this is the fair and right way.

So here is my dilema.

I am currently setting up my business from scratch after a fair break from th industry due to a number of significant life changing experiences (the only positive one being the birth of my daughter). During this time the industry has obviously moved on. My plan is to update my training with CND and I am booked on the Brisa Lite course in May. (I am NVQ 2 qualified as well as CND mani/pedi and CND L&P)

Now, when it comes to Shellac I can't buy the products until I've booked the training (quite right, wouldn't consider not doing it). I was planning on buying the Love Shellac package (out of stock at the mo) as this makes the most business sense, financially as well as commercially in that I would have a good range of colours for my clients to choose from. However, as I only have a handful of potential clients I realistically would not need to purchase again for a while.

So, do I book the course and buy a smaller kit in the hope of getting and staying on salon finder and attract more clients, or go ahead with the larger kit and rely on my own marketing?

This is a genuine request for people thoughts, not a "throw a spanner in the mix" comment.

Thanks

Apologies to anyone who may have read this already. I posted at the end of another thread and realised it wasn't relevant to the thread title.

In 60 days, even with a handful of clients you should use a bottle of either base or top coat.

So order one of these every 60 days.

Thanks for the post.

First off, if the LoveShellac package is out of stock, it will be because of a marketing kit component (I think the next print run was held off in anticipation for some new stuff coming out). I suspect we could send that component once it was printed rather than delay the entire shipment. I will speak to the team tomorrow.

Secondly, Jaqueline is correct. Even start up usage means you should at least go through base or top during that period. Because your LoveShellac purchase would qualify you for the locator, you would be on for 60 days. Lets say you don't fully go through a single bottle of Shellac until day 65... well - that would be 5 days that your details won't appear on the locator. However if you replenish on day 65 - you will be back on. So that would be 5 days missed out of 125.

Still worth it if you asked me :)

You could always purchase a new colour, the shellac wraps or a top or base coat on day 59. That would only cost you the price of the product plus postage....well worth it. I'm sure you'll find you need to replace sooner than day 60 anyway.

Thank you most kindly for your input. I think you've all confirmed what I was erring towards.

Grand Geek, thank you. S2 kindly informed me that stock shortage was due to the marketing kit. I am happy to wait until stock is back in so no need to worry, I have plenty to keep me occupied until then with perfecting my gel ;-)

I'm just looking on the Salon Finder and can't seem to find myself?

Is this the correct link? :)

I personally wouldn't sweat about being on the salon finder. Everyone who has found me hasn't done it on the salon finder - it might be different for others, but not one! I would concentrate on your business and not worry about the salon finder. I sometimes leave ordering too late and have to drive to Ellisons to buy product, ruining my 60 day ordering. Can't say it matters overly! Would also add, you can buy the Shellac products without doing the training if you have a mani/pedi certificate! Hope that helps!

Oh no, I'm not fretting about getting the custom particularly, just a little baffled as to why I haven't shown up when I've bought both Vinylux and Shellac in the past 60 days :)

Sorry was answering the OP!

Yep, me neither. All my clients have found me locally, word of mouth, Facebook or my website. Although it is nice seeing how many times your details have been viewed! Also, you have the just incase scenario, so I always try hard to stay on there.

I would double check though, as I wasn't automatically updated after a purchase and would have stayed off it had I have not checked.

Latest posts

Back