Shellac staying power

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smuff

Reaction score
I haven't used CND. I use gel polish and get up to five weeks out if it. It's the removal that I find time consuming.

Realistically how long does a shellac treatment last on the nails. Xx

Five weeks??? After two weeks I have at least 5mm of growth/bare nail I couldn't possibly leave mine longer than that they'd look awful and I get bored of the colour! I've had shellac on my toes for 2 months and it just grows out - never chips.

Oh wow that's like asking how long is a piece of string?!

My mum (70) gets about 10 days ad her nails are appalling, hopefully with IBX will help shortly. A 40yr old lady comes back every two weeks, never uses solar oil and could go at least another week as they are perfect, she works full time using a keyboard. Then another older lady (about 80) gets 4/5 weeks, perfect apart from the growth.

Depends on nail condition, use of oil and if they treatment them well but I'd say on average 2 weeks and that's what they are supposed to do.

Karaxxx

Oh wow that's like asking how long is a piece of string?!

My mum (70) gets about 10 days ad her nails are appalling, hopefully with IBX will help shortly. A 40yr old lady comes back every two weeks, never uses solar oil and could go at least another week as they are perfect, she works full time using a keyboard. Then another older lady (about 80) gets 4/5 weeks, perfect apart from the growth.

Depends on nail condition, use of oil and if they treatment them well but I'd say on average 2 weeks and that's what they are supposed to do.

Karaxxx

Couldn't have said it better x

Yes five weeks is too long. Sometimes clients have half a cm of growth and think it's set the bar.

I know it's going to depend on nail condition and life style but just wanted to get some honest opinions of other nail techs. Xx

I have just taken my set of shellac off and they have been with me for 15 days. I wore smoothing under this set, because I wanted the extra strength to wear my nails a bit longer. They didn't chip, but I caught a couple on edges of packaging which made then a little tatty. This is to be expected as I am pretty hard on my hands and I have two boys under the age of five and I rarely wear gloves to wash up (oops did I say that:o!!).
I get good wear from my clients too with most getting two to three weeks although three weeks is pushing it a little as the regrowth looks can look naff with certain colours.

hth x

Attachments

• ibxactual 014-003.jpg
    ibxactual 014-003.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 127
  • ibxactual 022-002.jpg
    ibxactual 022-002.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 121

Latest posts

Back