Shellac top coat for nail pops

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam.hop

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I was just wondering what you lovely nail geeks use for a top coat on your nail pops. I am redoing a lot of mine, with various styles, additives, new colours etc. but I've worked my way through nearly half a top coat just on my nail pops (phew!) and I'm no where near finished.

Is there some trick that I'm missing? Or are we just sucking it up and buying a great deal of topcoat?

NB - as the title said, it's for Shellac.

I Just paint the underside of the pops. No need for topcoat x

I do the same as you but have since seen on here that some geeks paint the underside on the clear nail pops rather than top coating 😃

I'm cheap lol and just use a normal polish topcoat over them, stays nice and shiny, no problems and saves my Shellac top coat :)

I'm cheap lol and just use a normal polish topcoat over them, stays nice and shiny, no problems and saves my Shellac top coat :)

I thought I'd read that somewhere. So I'm assuming, colour, cure, topcoat and leave to dry?

That's it ...I apply and cure 2x colour coat, then normal polish top coat (I use Vinylux) and leave to dry :)

Obviously I only do this on colour pops and never on real nails!

That's it ...I apply and cure 2x colour coat, then normal polish top coat (I use Vinylux) and leave to dry :)

Obviously I only do this on colour pops and never on real nails!

Perfect, I'll give it a go, thank you!!
I've tried to paint the underside, but do t know how I'd manage it with art etc. :)

Latest posts

Back