Shellac vs IBD JGP?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinkerbell_Eve

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I currently use Shellac and am thinking of trying IBD JGP.

Is jgp any good? What is the application process or is it the same as Shellac i.e. Pep, scrun fresh, base, colour, top coat etc.

Any info would be great thank you xx

I use jgp and the application is fairly similar. Prep, base, colour, top coat. I tend to use powerbond on quite a few of my clients as I find they get chips etc. So for that it's just prep, powerbond, base, colour, top coat. I do find a lot of my jgp colours need three coats as I apply them quite thinly.

I've not used shellac as a tech but I used to have it applied to my nails and found that lasting time on my own nails, they're about the same. But different people have different lasting strength.

I also know that shellac apparently doesn't need to have the natural nail buffed before prep whereas jgp does. X

I use jgp and the application is fairly similar. Prep, base, colour, top coat. I tend to use powerbond on quite a few of my clients as I find they get chips etc. So for that it's just prep, powerbond, base, colour, top coat. I do find a lot of my jgp colours need three coats as I apply them quite thinly.

I've not used shellac as a tech but I used to have it applied to my nails and found that lasting time on my own nails, they're about the same. But different people have different lasting strength.

I also know that shellac apparently doesn't need to have the natural nail buffed before prep whereas jgp does. X

Thank you. The thing that puts me off jgp is it needing 3 coats of colour but the price is low for the product.

I spoke to one of the trainers for jgp last week and she said to try a bottle with my current base/top coat as it will give me an idea. Think I'll do that and see what I think xx

Thank you. The thing that puts me off jgp is it needing 3 coats of colour but the price is low for the product.

I spoke to one of the trainers for jgp last week and she said to try a bottle with my current base/top coat as it will give me an idea. Think I'll do that and see what I think xx

I've also tried halo polish to see if that was better as so many people have said they need only 2 coats, but I still use 3. I may be a bit to light on my coats but I'd rather do 3 thin coats and have proper cure than be too heavy with two then have issues.

It is a lot cheaper for the bottles and I even have one client who had managed 4 weeks with only minor chipping from heavy usage!

Latest posts

Back