Shellac!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarbeauty

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, i'm looking for some advice, i've been doing shellac now for 7 months on family & friends, I've got my little salon set up at home & am now ready & feeling confident (i think lol) to have some "real" clients..I want to charge £20 for a full shellac service on hands, but when i've mentioned my price to a couple of ladies they have said the salon down the road is only charging a tenner, I know that salon is charging £10 for a file & shellac polish (which i know is not right) & £20 for a cuticle, file & polish, i don't want to lower my price, I've been trained in shellac & want to do the full shellac service properly but how can i compete with that price, just wondering has anyone else come across the same problem & how can i explain myself with my price?
any advice would be great x thanks sarah xx

Like with all treatment price competition is a real pain, you shouldn't have to lower your self and standards to try and get 'cheap' clients.
I charge £10 for just a shape and polish which is a 15 min treatment.
If gel polish is going to take as long as a manicure then it should be the same if not more in price.
People will always try to make it sound like your expensive but this is because they want it cheaper.
Stock with your prices hun, And don't let anyone's he you feel your work isn't worth paying good money for

Jess x
EzFlow Master Artist Educator

Last edited by a moderator:
They are not offering the correct Shellac service for £10 so I don't think you have anything to worry about. Have faith and confidence in your work and your clients will too. Yes £10 is cheap, but if they are not doing the full service they will, if they haven't already, experience service breakdown and clients will eventually realise this. Hold your ground.

E xx

I charge £25 for full shellac service...£10 is ridiculous unless she has hundred of clients...shellac isn't cheap!!! x

There's nothing wrong with your price and everything wrong with hers!!

Clients pay for your time and expertise as much as the product/service. Don't undersell yourself.

Stick to your price.. And do the full treatment properly :)..

£10 is ridiculous. You get what you pay for though. My clients get a very personal service and I take over an hour with a Shellac Manicure - more like 1.5 hours sometimes if I'm soaking off too. I charge £25 for hands and £30 for toes. I add £3 for any extras like crystals, glitzy lips (look amazing just dotted on under top coat - learned it on the CND stand at Excel), and Dashing Diva tips.

It's cheap for around here. £10? How????? The products are so expensive I can't believe they can do it?

I charge £25.00 for a full shellac manicure and that is reasonable £10.00 is a silly price to charge stick to your pricing an they will all come flocking to you when you do a better treatment than down the road x:wink2:

Thank you all for your replies, you have all made me feel so much better & confident about my price, i really don't know how they do it for a £10 but they do & are busy, i'm going to stick to my £20 & provide a great shellac service, ha got to get some "real" clients now..wish me luck xxx

£10 is ridiculous. You get what you pay for though. My clients get a very personal service and I take over an hour with a Shellac Manicure - more like 1.5 hours sometimes if I'm soaking off too. I charge £25 for hands and £30 for toes. I add £3 for any extras like crystals, glitzy lips (look amazing just dotted on under top coat - learned it on the CND stand at Excel), and Dashing Diva tips.

It's cheap for around here. £10? How????? The products are so expensive I can't believe they can do it?

They can't.

It's practically working for nothing.

I only charge £15 for shellac & rockstar....I am trained with CND too an have lots of experience an I provide a high quality service an my customers come back every 2 weeks.
My price is...in my eyes is fine although low as it keeps my customers coming back.

I have heard of Salons charging over £70 for fingers an toes which I think is shocking.
I have the correct lamp, ALL colours (which people love), base & top coats bought from S2 or Ellisons.

Hi Ladies, i'm looking for some advice, i've been doing shellac now for 7 months on family & friends, I've got my little salon set up at home & am now ready & feeling confident (i think lol) to have some "real" clients..I want to charge £20 for a full shellac service on hands, but when i've mentioned my price to a couple of ladies they have said the salon down the road is only charging a tenner, I know that salon is charging £10 for a file & shellac polish (which i know is not right) & £20 for a cuticle, file & polish, i don't want to lower my price, I've been trained in shellac & want to do the full shellac service properly but how can i compete with that price, just wondering has anyone else come across the same problem & how can i explain myself with my price?
any advice would be great x thanks sarah xx

I'm so with you on this. I don't have any answers, unfortunately, but I'm in exactly the same position in my town with Shellac being offered for £8 if you literally go in, slap down your hands and they simply apply the Shellac .. .. no shaping, no cuticles :eek:

It so annoys me that it must make Shellac look bad as a product (because it cannot last applied like that, can it?)

:grr::grr::grr::grr:

Kitkat do you work from home? I'm guessing you must or the overheads would make that price not stack up xx

Kitkat do you work from home? I'm guessing you must or the overheads would make that price not stack up xx

Yes I work from home I've definately made back my money now though. I love shellac it's wonderful. Facebook has done wonders with my customers too :)

Latest posts

Back